6 Simple Ways an Orange County Photographer can be More Efficient and Organized
The Orange County Photography industry is competitive - especially in beach areas where visitors come in the summer such as Newport Beach, Huntington Beach and Laguna Beach. This article offers ways in which a photography business can be more competitive.
Photographers are in work in a competitive environment. In order to make a decent living these people need to be organized and find efficiencies in order to provide more value to their client than does their competitors. The following is a list of 10 ways a photographer can be more efficient and organized.
1. Use Metadata Tags to organize pictures. Organizing images with metadata tags uses less hard drive space, is more flexible and is easier to navigate than organizing pictures using folders.
2. Use scheduling software to stay on top of client communications, marketing campaigns, and operations.
3. Use a website for online viewing, proofing and orders. This allows the client to choose his pictures in the comfort of his own home. The online ordering system saves a photographer the time it takes to process an order by hand.
4. Create macros to automate tasks that are repeated often. Dull repetitive tasks are not a reason anyone has given for starting a photography business. Let the computer complete these tasks through a macro.
5. Photographers who work in partnerships should divide up tasks based on ability and interest. When each partner is performing more of the work which he enjoys doing, he will have more energy, and be less competitive. This will create a more positive, functional workplace for employee and client. The more positive, functional workplace will translate into more sessions, happy and satisfied clients and greater profits.
6. Improve the computer information system on which a photographer works. This can be accomplished by upgrading hardware, increasing the speed of the network and Internet connection, and installing more reliable operating systems and software. Photographers spend enormous amounts of time with their computers. By setting up a system on which they are waiting less and that can better keep up with the speed of their thoughts a photographer will accomplish significantly more each and every day.
Photographers work in an ever changing environment that is defined by its rapid rate of change. By implementing the above efficiencies, a photographer will be better able to take advantage of the increasing opportunities which this industry provides.
Article Tags: More Efficient
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Stephen and Vanessa are Orange County residents. Vanessa began her photography business by serving Murrieta and Temecula. She shot weddings, family portraits, Child Portraits and engagement shots.