6 Ways of Making your Employees Feel Appreciated
Appreciation is something that everyone anticipates and likes. If you do something good for a person or work with an organization with contributing creative ideas and good performance, simple appreciative words will make them feel satisfied and motiv..
If employees are made happy with rewards and appreciation they do better quality work for the organization and get charged up in their performance. This is an asset for the organization. However, if you have made up your mind for making your employees feel appreciated, go ahead with it because this is a benefiting idea that works for the betterment of the organization. Make the employees feel good and happy at the work place. This will increase the productivity and develop a positive working environment and a feeling of being recognized will arise within the employees.
1. Never let the job or work performance of employees and workers go un-noticed and un-recognized. This will create a bad impression in the minds of the employees. Appreciating the quality of their work, acknowledging them for the work done, praising them for the ideas they contribute for the organization will make them feel respected and encourage them to perform more appropriately.
2. When you planned to conduct evaluations, mention the strengths of employees or the hard work and efforts they have made which resulted in the success of the organization. This is another form of making your employees feel appreciated and making their potential recognized by the other employees in the organization. Provide a record of positive accomplishments of the employees. A feeling of appreciation will develop in the employees which will make them feel happy and being noticed.
3. While framing the company's newsletters, publish a note about the employee's contribution for the organization and his creative contribution that helped the organization to grow wider and which made the company recognized vastly.
4. Send thank-you notes, or a simple handwritten note of gratitude to the employee who contributed well to the organization. This is a way of making your employees feel appreciated and they will respect you and the organization more than they did before. Show concern towards his accomplishments with words of appreciation. Make him feel that he is valued and his efforts are not going waste or un-noticed. Send notes of appreciation with a professional touch, on the letterhead of the company, especially if this appreciation note is offered by higher authorities; it will add value, make gestures that make him feel appreciated.
5. Provide positive feedback to the employee, if his work and performance is impressive. Do not criticize with any negative feedbacks. Rather give him chance for improvement and offer support whenever necessary.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Ryan Fyfe is the CEO of http://www.shiftplanning.com/ - An intuitive and free online employee scheduling tool for businesses of all sizes in all industries.