Adjusting For Thickness in the PowisPrint Software For Your Fastback PowisPrinter
If you don't know your book's thickness, don't worry. As long as your binder is docked to the PowisPrinter, PowisPrint™ software can update your design to match the book in the binder. You can design titles for a wide range of book thicknesses: from 0.04 inches to 1.5 inches thick (using standard copy paper, this translates to between 10 and 375 sheets*).
If you Know Your Books Thickness:
If you know your book's thickness, or you want to see how your design looks at different thicknesses, you can modify your design, using these great Design Window tools.
1. Sheets: This box displays how many sheets of paper the book you're designing for contains. You can enter the number of sheets directly in this box, or use the up and down arrows to change the value. For example, if your book has 50 pages, enter 50 in the Sheets box. As you alter the number of Sheets, the Book Thickness box also changes. The Strip Width Indicator Box displays the correct width strip.
2. Book Thickness: This box displays the book thickness in inches or millimeters. You can enter a new number directly in this box, or use the up and down arrows to change the value. For instance, if your book measures 1.5", enter 1.5" in the Book Thickness box. Note that as you alter the Book Thickness, the Sheets box also changes. The Strip Width Indicator Box displays the correct width strip.
3. Ask Button: Pressing the Ask button in the Design Window automatically updates your title design to the thickness of the book in the binder. When your PowisPrinter is properly docked to a Fastback, insert the book you want to bind and press the green Bind button. Then, in the Design Window, press the Ask button. The software communicates with the Fastback, then matches the title's thickness to the book in the binder.
If You Don't Know Your Books Thickness:
If you don't know your book thickness, you can either take a guess at how thick it is (and hope for the best), or dock your printer to a Fastback®, and use the Ask buttons. If you want, you can even wait until you're ready to print to enter this information. Here's how:
1. Design your title at any thickness.
2. When you're ready to bind, insert your book in the binder (your binder must be docked to a PowisPrinter™). Press the green Bind button.
3. Open the Print Window. If your title design's thickness does not match the book in the binder, the Status Boxes reflect the conflict. A "Book thickness mismatch" message appears in the "Other" window of the Fastback® Status Box, prompting you to correct the mismatch by pressing the Ask & Update button. You can either: Press the Ask & Update button, which updates your design according to the thickness of the book in the binder; then returns to the Design Window so you can preview your design at the new thickness. To reenter the Print Window select "Print" again. Now the information in the Design Window and Fastback® boxes match exactly. OR ... Choose not to correct the book thickness mismatch. You will not be allowed to press the "Print & Bind" button-the button will be disabled. But you can press "Print," and the printer will print the title exactly as you designed it, ignoring the book in the binder.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
If you are interested in more information about the PowisPrint Software for Your Fastback PowisPrinter or are looking for Fastback Binding Machines or Fastback Binding Strips you should visit MyBinding.com. They are the largest online dealer for Powis Parker Fastback products in the United States. In fact, they carry the entire line of Powis Parker Fastback binding products.