Assembling Photobooks With the Fastback Photobook Workcell
The Powis Parker Fastback Photobook Workcell is designed to allow photographers, image labs and photobook makers to quickly and easily create high quality StitchFree Photo Books. This article will discuss the procedure for assembling your photobooks using your Hardcover Guide.
Powis Parker offers Photobook covers in a huge number of colors and finishes. After you have selected the cover for your project you can also use the Foilfast printer, to add colorful foil graphics and titles to your cover or spine. Fastback Photobook Hardcovers come in two styles: windowed and windowless. The window is designed to allow the picture on the first page of the book block to act as a design element for the cover.
To create a Photobook, your book block (interior pages) should be bound with folded sheets of stiff paper called endleaves at the front and back of the document. The windowed endleaf must be used for the front of the book if you are using a windowed Hardcover. Headbands can also be added to the edges of your book to give your photobooks a more elegant look. Headbands are designed to make your book look like an old fashioned stitched book.
After your book block is bound, assembling your hard cover book can be done quickly and accurately. Here is a quick six step process for assembling your photobook:
1. Measure the book block of your photobook using the measurement tool provided on your Powis Hardcover Guide.
2. Open the front and back endleaves and press them flat to flex the strip on each side. Close the endleaves before proceeding.
3. Place your empty Photobook, in the Hardcover Guide with the window on the right. Now clamp the photobook in place. The top and right edges of your book should be under the green stops on the guide. Remove the narrow section of release liner from the right panel (window side) of the book, this will expose a section of the adhesive that is used to attach the endleaves into your hard covers.
4. Now, turn your book block upside down and press it against the Hardcover Guide's transparent green stops. Press it down to stick the book to the adhesive area that you exposed in step 3. The window on the book block and the window on the cover should be aligned and evenly positioned within the cover.
5. Next, gently lift the right side of the book's contents and peel back the rest of the release liner from the right side of the cover. Roll and lower the book block onto the panel and press it against the panel to secure it.
6. Finally, peel off the remaining release liners from the left side, and bring the left panel of the Fastback Hardcover over the book block and align, with the top and right edges of the cover abutting the purple stops. Press straight down onto the text block and smooth the cover to the spine. Remove the book from Guide, Open and rub the endleaves to ensure that they are securely fastened.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
If you are interested in more information about the Fastback Photobook Workcell or are looking for Fastback Binding Machines or Fastback Binding Strips you should visit MyBinding.com. They are the largest online dealer for Powis Parker Fastback products in the United States. In fact, they carry the entire line of Powis Parker Fastback binding products.