Binding Documents With the Powis Parker Fastback Model 11
The Fastback Model 11 is a highly reliable, easy to use desk top document binder. It binds documents from 3 to 125 sheets (up to 1.3 cm or .5 in) and documents from 8.5" to 11.75" (21.6 cm to 29.8 cm) long. This article will provide eight simple steps for binding documents with your Fastback Model 11. Here they are ...
1. Turn power switch "On". The machine will warm up and will be ready for use in 3 - 4 minutes. White you are waiting for the Fastback machine to warm up you can begin to assemble your books and prepare them for binding. This will help the binding process move faster when the machine is ready.
2. The book clamps on the Fastback 11 will open when the machine is ready to use. This will provide an opening where you will insert your document during the following steps. The first of the three lights on the front of the machine will also turn on to tell you that the machine is ready to bind.
3. Tap the pages on the top of the machine to ensure that your pages and your covers are aligned and completely flush.
4. Place the document in the opening and slide the document to the far right side of the machine using the edge of the binding recess to again make sure that your pages are aligned. At this point the second light on the front of the machine should start to flash telling you that the machine is ready to clamp your document in preparation for binding.
5. Press the green "BIND" button on the front of the machine. This will cause the binding clamps to close holding your document firmly in place. When the clamping process is complete the third light on the front of the machine will begin to flash letting you know that you need to insert your binding strip. At this point if you notice that you have some misaligned or misplaced sheets in your document you can simply press the Bind button a second time to release the clamps. If your document is too thick for the machine the book clamps will re-open automatically and the left status indicator light will blink red.
6. Insert the Fastback Binderstrip ™ into the Binderstrip™ Guide at the right side of the machine, until the machine grasps it and draws it in. The strip will automatically position itself on the document for the optimum bind. It is important to only use genuine Powis Parker Fastback BinderStrips in your Fastback Model 11. Use of non-compatible binder strips will result in malfunction of the machine and possible severe leakage of adhesive. Failure to use genuine strips may void any warranty on your machine.
7. Once the strip has been fed into the machine the binding process will begin. When the binding process is complete the book clamps will open and all three lights on the front of the machine will flash.
8. Remove the bound document and place it spine down in the cooling rack. The document should be left to cool for 5-7 minutes before it is handled. After 5-7 minutes you can handle the book. However, over the next 24 hours the glue in the spine of the document will continue to cure and the bind strength will increase.
If you follow these eight simple steps you should have no problem binding documents with your Fastback model 11 binding machine. Just try it for yourself and see just how easy Fastback binding can be.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
If you are interested in more information about the Fastback Model 11 or are looking for Fastback Binding Machines or Fastback Binding Strips you should visit MyBinding.com. They are the largest online dealer for Powis Parker Fastback products in the United States. In fact, they carry the entire line of Powis Parker Fastback binding products.