Copy Writing Tips
Use these copy writing tips in order to make sure that your marketing copy is doing everything possible to move your prospects and clients to take some kind of action immediately.
Whenever you sit down to write any kind of marketing copy (email, sales page, flyer, etc.) use the following tips to guide you.
* ensure the copy is focused on your prospect's needs, concerns and problems - not on you or your services.
* you need to answer the questions: "What's in it for me? What exactly do I get? Why should I care?" for your readers
* make sure to emphasize the specific benefits they'll receive from your product or service
* try to avoid using jargon or industry-specific language - you want to write copy that is clear and easy-to-understand, not confusing
* don't try to be clever and impress people - your job is to provide useful, valuable information and not to show off!
* but do try to make the copy exciting and dynamic - you don't want to be dull or boring, because you won't hold their attention or interest
* make sure to use an active, not passive, voice throughout your copy: from "surveys were done" to "We surveyed"
* also talk directly to your reader and use the word YOU throughout your copy
* don't worry about "talking like an expert" - use a conversational and informal tone with your writing, as if you were sitting across from them in a coffee shop
* make sure you tell people exactly what will happen (the benefits of using your product or service) when they take action
* you can also motivate your prospects and clients by letting them know what will happen if they don't act
* you need to give the reader a reason to act right NOW - but make sure the reasons are legitimate and not just hype.
* you can offer them incentives to take action, like a bonus or value-added service
* build trust and credibility by using testimonials in your marketing materials
* let them know they are making a wise choice by letting them know of other clients' successes and experiences
* have a guarantee and demonstrate the lack of risk in using your company
* let them know how to keep in contact with you and offer your ezine or free-giveaway to get them on your list
Remember, for every marketing piece you write or create, you want to make sure that your copy is doing everything possible to move your prospects and clients to take some kind of action immediately.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Jody Gabourie, The Small Business Marketing Coach, teaches small business owners and entrepreneurs how to take action with their marketing in order to get more results and more profits. To learn all about her unique "done-for-you" ebooks called Ready Made Marketing Plans™ and to sign up for her FREE special report, ezine and articles, visit her site at http://www.JodyGabourieMarketingCoach.com