Editing Documents With Your Fastback Model 9 Binding Machine
This article will provide you with a simple six step process for editing documents using the Fastback Model 9. Here are eight simple steps to editing documents with the Fastback Model 8, Model 8x or Model 9 binding machines...
Here are eight simple steps to editing documents with the Fastback Model 8, Model 8x or Model 9 binding machines...
1. Select EDIT MODE in the User Menu on your Fastback machine. Once you have selected the correct mode, the display will read "READY TO EDIT."
2. Open and flatten your document to the page you wish to remove. Fold down the corner of that page. If you are adding an extra page but not removing a page then you can skip this step and move on to step 3.
3. If you want to add a new page to your document simply insert it into your document where you want it to be located. Slip it in as far as you can. When you're sure it is straight, close your document.
4. Put your document in the binder and press the BIND button. This begins the Edit cycle.
5. If you are removing a page from the document you will need to pinch the front and back portions of the document with one hand while the binder is re-melting the spine adhesive, leaving the bent page free. When the clamps start to open and the display reads "EDIT NOW," immediately pull the bent page from the document. Be sure to continue to hold the front and back portions of your document so that the remaining pages stay in place. If the page doesn't remove easily the first time, simply repeat this step.
6. If you are adding a page to your document you simply need to tap down the new page until it's flush with the rest of the document. Make sure you are directly tapping the document's pages-not just the tops of the document's covers.
7. Now press the BIND button again. The Fastback binding machine will now rebind the book.
8. When the display flashes "REMOVE BOOK," place the edited document between the cooling fences for at least five minutes. This will give the glue in the spine of your document time to re-harden and will restore the strength of your bind.
Using these steps, it is fairly easy to rebind a book using the Fastback Model 8, 8x or 9 binding machines. The editing feature on this machine can also be used by libraries and schools to repair perfect bound books that have begun to come apart. You can even use the edit feature to strengthen the bind and extend the life of trade paperback books. This is a great feature on an awesome machine.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
If you are interested in more information about the Fastback Model 9 or are looking for Fastback Binding Machines or Fastback Binding Strips you should visit MyBinding.com. They are the largest online dealer for Powis Parker Fastback products in the United States. In fact, they carry the entire line of Powis Parker Fastback binding products.