Editing With the Fastback Model 11 Powis Parker Binding Machine
Documents bound with Fastback are professional, strong and extremely tamper resistant. However, if you have a document bound with Fastback that needs to be edited it is possible to use your Model 11 binding machine to do the job. Here are some brief instructions for removing pages or replacing pages in your documents.
1. Turn the machine on and allow time to warm up.
2. Find pages to remove and fold over the corners so that you can easily identify them.
3. Insert the bound document into your Fastback 11 placing the document spine down in the machine. Be sure to position the document flush against the right side of the opening.
4. Press the Bind Button and hold for 2 seconds. This will engage the document clamps and activate the edit mode on the machine. Wait approximately 20 second for the Bind Clamps to open.
5. Immediately remove page. With the document still in the binder, grasp the page by a top corner and gently but firmly pull upward, peeling the page away from the spine from left to right (or right to left). If the page doesn't come out easily repeat steps 3-5.
6. Remove the bound document from the machine and place it spine down in the Cooling Rack. Allow it to cool for approximately 5 - 7 minutes.
1. To replace pages. Turn the machine on and allow time to warm up.
2. Find pages to edit. Fold the corner(s) of the page(s) to be replaced.
3. Lay the document on a work surface and open it flat, behind the page to be replaced. Position the new, replacement page as far into the document and as close to the adhesive as possible. Close the document.
4. Insert bound document. Place document spine down in the machine. Position the document flush to the right side of the opening.
5. Press the Bind Button and hold for 2 seconds. Wait for the clamps to open - approximately 20 seconds.
6. Immediately remove the page to be replaced. With the document still in the binder, grasp the page by a top corner and gently but firmly pull upward, peeling the page away from the spine from left to right (or right to left). Gently tap the top edge of the replacement page to ensure that is even with the other pages in the document.
7. Remove the bound document. Remove the document from the machine and place it spine down in the Cooling Rack. Allow it to cool for approximately 5 - 7 minutes.
Using these instructions you should be able to easily remove or replace pages using your Fastback Model 11 binding machine. If you want to add pages without removing anything you can do that too. Just follow steps for replacing pages without actually removing any pages. It is really very simple. However, if you will probably need to re-print and re-bind your document rather than editing it.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
If you are interested in more information about the Fastback Model 11 or are looking for Fastback Binding Machines or Fastback Binding Strips you should visit MyBinding.com. They are the largest online dealer for Powis Parker Fastback products in the United States. In fact, they carry the entire line of Powis Parker Fastback binding products.