Essential Equipment for Laguna Beach Photographer
The Orange County Photography industry is competitive. In order to compete, a Laguna Beach photographer needs the proper equipment.
1. Two cameras. You should have at a minimum two cameras. This means two cameras with you at every shoot; not one at home and one on the job. This is essential because one will break sometime during a shoot if you are in the industry for long and you can't afford to miss any critical moments (a wedding for instance).
2. Flash Cards. The majority of photographers shoot digital. You need to have a number of cards ready. Large cards are nice because you don't have to change them that frequently. For every wedding you should have at least five four gigabyte sized cards. You'll need much more space if you are shooting in RAW.
3. Laptop Computer. This is vital so you can download your cards during an on-location shoot. In addition a laptop is nice because it allows you to work (downloading, editing, uploading to website or blog, answering client emails, etc) while on the road.
4. Flash. If you do studio shoots, you will need studio lights and flashes. Otherwise you will need at least one quality flash that can be attached to you computer.
5. Several Light reflectors. You will need to control these for any posed work you do. Many people think they don't need these when shooting weddings because they are just trying to "capture the moment." The reality is most brides demand some posed shots. Having the light reflector (and an assistant) is vital.
6. Internet. Photography is information technology intensive. You'll need to upload pictures to your website or blog, FTP them up to your server, edit across a network and receive and send emails. All of these vital activities require the use of the Internet. In the modern photography industry not having the Internet is not an option.
While the barriers to entry into the photography industry are not high, you must purchase (at a minimum) the items outlined above.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Stephen and Vanessa are professional portrait and wedding photographers. They began as Temecula Wedding Photographers but later moved to Newport Beach and became Orange County Photographers.
They serve clients in San Diego, Las Angeles, and Riverside Counties. In Orange County, they serve Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Irvine, Laguna Beach and Costa Mesa.
Vanessa teaches Laguna Senior Portrait Photographers technique and business strategy.