Hints For Getting the Best Results From Your Fastback Model 25 Photobook Binder
The Fastback Model 25 photobook binder is specifically designed for use as part of the Powis Parker Photobook Workcell.This article is designed to provide you with some advice for getting the best results with your Fastback 25. This is advice comes direct from the manufacturer and will definitely help you to achieve better results when binding photobooks with your machine.
1. There should be no need to adjust the factory settings, other than to change the display. The machine has several options that can be changed. However, messing with the factory settings can often reduce bind quality instead of increasing it.
2. Make sure the FB25 has had 10-15 minutes to warm up and stabilize the heater temperature. Proper temperature is important for a quality bind with the PhotoPro and CP strip
1. The quality of the bind is improved when the proper loading technique and endleaves are used. Refer to Photobook Training video for detailed instructions.
2. Key Operation techniques -
a. Transfer the book blocks directly from the splitter to the FB25 with minimum disturbance to keep the split pages aligned. Do not rejog or shuffle the papers when you place them in the machine. The edge splitting process should have already aligned your sheets. b. After adding the endleaves, tap the bind edge firmly on a flat surface (a table or the top of the binder) to seat all the pages and make sure the first and last pages don't stick to the endleaf paper. It can sometimes help if you use an endleaf that is slightly shorter than your paper to ensure that you are tapping your book block and not just the endleaves. c. Hold all the pages together at the top as you set the book block into the binder and push to the right stop to align. d. Make sure ALL pages are pushed down and seated by tapping the top pages with your finger. e. Once the book block is aligned, hold it in place with your left hand as you push the bind button and the binder clamps.
3. It is better to use endleaves that are slightly shorter than the paper, so you can see and tap down any pages that may have shifted as the endleaves are added and the book block is placed in the binder.
4. When making multiple books, stack the bound book blocks behind each other in the cooling rack. This keeps the warmest spine in the back for fastest cooling and a square support. This way the heat is transferred directly from the spine of the book to the metal cooling rack.
5. After book block is cool and before installing in a cover, relieve tightness of the bind strip by folding back the front and back endleaves before opening the book block. This helps the book block install more easily in the cover.
6. Make sure you open the machine and clean the heater EVERYDAY. It is important to prevent the excess adhesive from building up and causing problems with the FB25. For cleaning instructions see the Fastback 25 users manual.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
If you are interested in more information about the Fastback Model 25 Photobook Binder or are looking for Fastback Binding Machines or Fastback Binding Strips you should visit MyBinding.com. They are the largest online dealer for Powis Parker Fastback products in the United States. In fact, they carry the entire line of Powis Parker Fastback binding products.