How to Market Orange County Photographers
Orange County Photographers work in a competitive industry. In order to compete effectively, a photographer needs to market efficiently. This article includes marketing tips which work well for photographers in Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach, Irvine and Costa Mesa.
1. Display your work at local businesses. This is a win/win for both the business as well as the photographer. The business gets a facelift with new fine are images for its walls. The OC photographer gets increased exposure.
2. Give away free sessions at charitable auctions. By doing this, not only does the photographer increase his reputation among the community, he also gains contacts with a number of people who have the disposable income and inclination to purchase photography products. Also, the photographer will feel good about contributing to a good cause.
3. Offer summer holiday specials. A photographer is generally not busy during the summer months. Most photographers are swamped during the holiday season. To even out the workflow, a photographer can offer family portrait sessions for holiday cards in the summer months. Not only does this help the photographer manage his work flow, it also helps his clients by removing one additional task from their holiday to do list.
4. Use Facebook as a marketing tool. Tag your clients with one of their best images. This will allow all of their friends to see your work. Make sure your contact information is on the image.
5. Create a compelling web page. The page doesn't have to be the best in the world - only the best when compared to the top ten on relevant search engine searches for your area. Those businesses are your competition. If your website is better than those other 10 pages and your website is on the first page of search results, well qualified clients will find you.
6. Send out a regular email newsletter out to your previous clients. Doing this will keep you in the forefront of their minds. When they need a photographer you will have a good chance of being called.
These tips have proven successful for many photography businesses. While new photographers should adapt to his unique circumstances, he should incorporate, wherever possible, the tried and true.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Stephen and Vanessa are Orange County residents. Vanessa began her photography business by serving Murrieta and Temecula. She shot weddings, family portraits, Child Portraits and engagement shots.
She later started an office in Newport Beach and became an Orange County Photographer. She expanded her services to Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Dana Point and San Diego.
Vanessa now works as a Laguna Beach Bridal Photographer. She also teaches classes on technique and business practices to other Orange County Wedding Photographers.