Huntington Beach Photographer Offers Tips on How to Shoot Weddings in the Waves
Orange County has a very competitive photography industry. However there are ways to compete. One way to compete is to become a specialist in a particular niche. One good niche in which a Huntington Beach Wedding Photographer can compete is in the beach photography arena.
Thousands of brides and grooms every year choose the beach as their location of choice for their wedding day. Newport Beach photographers who live in a beach city should learn the tricks of the trade for shooting an OC beach wedding. This article offers some suggestions on how Orange County photographers, professional or amateur can capture that perfect beach shot. In addition, for the professional OC photographer doing beach photography can be a profitable niche. Many local photographers will shoot at the beach just as they do anywhere else. If a photographer can show he knows and does the extra things he will be at an advantage when competing for beach weddings. This article looks at some of those little extra things that set a beach photographer apart from others.
· Be aware of the position of the sun and when sunset is to occur and when the high tide will be. You do not want to be in the position of trying to take a bride’s portrait after the sun has gone down. By the same token, if the perfect backdrop for your bridals or couples shot is under water the customer satisfaction that your bride will experience will drop dramatically.
· Bring some talcum powder and towels with you. To get that perfect shot, your subjects will not necessarily want to be wet and sand (unless that is specifically the look you are going for).
· Make sure you have duplicate equipment. This is good advice for any photo shoot, but is particularly applicable at the beach. There is a higher chance of equipment damage at the beach than at other locations. Sand can enter lenses and cameras. Waves can drench the most vigilant observer. A family shoot can many times be rescheduled. That is not normally be true of a wedding. Be prepared and you will feel more confident and comfortable at shooting a beach wedding.
· Leaves some time in the schedule to dry off and change if you are going to get some water shots. These type of shots are fun and popular but they do require some extra time being planned into the schedule.
· Make a list of items your clients will need at beach wedding. Many clients will have generic wedding and project plan lists. While these are helpful, they do not take into account the unique variables associated with shooting at the beach.
Newport Beach weddings are fun. The sand, sun and surf make for a beautiful backdrop. However these same elements can present challenges. By fallowing the above tips, a Newport Beach photographer can be more assured of taking that perfect beach portrait.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR