Ideas for Laguna Beach Newborn Photographers
Orange County Newborn Photographers work in a competitive environment, this article looks at ways in which they can add value to their client offering.
1. One effective way to get a baby's head, or head and naked chest shots, have the parent sit on the floor with her knees bent (the baby can still be wearing his diaper). Have the parent sit the baby on her knees and hold onto the baby at the waist. This allows the baby to be upright, without danger of falling, in the arms of a person he trusts. Hence he is safe (from falls), can be easily be prodded to laugh and respond and feels safe (sometimes scary for a baby to be on a set). In addition, since you are only shooting the head and upper body, the parent will not show up at all in the picture.
2. Have a variety of different hats to use as props (or have the client bring some of their favorite baby hats). Images of chubby nude babies in hats are big sellers.
3. When babies are struggling to sit up, have the parent sit the baby up and then sit slightly to the side of the baby so they can straighten the baby when she begins to wobble and fall.
4. In your instructions to the parent make sure you indicate they bring several outfits for their baby.
5. Purchase a feather brush with a long handle. These are great for tickling a baby's (or older child's) nose to coax out a smile and quickly removing the object before the picture is taken.
The Orange County newborn photography market is a fun and expanding. The following the above tips will help a new photographer deciding to give this genre a try.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Stephen and Vanessa are Orange County residents. Vanessa began her photography business by serving Murrieta and Temecula. She shot weddings, family portraits, and engagement shots.
She later started an office in Newport Beach and became an Orange County, CA Photographer. She expanded her services to Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Dana Point and San Diego.
Vanessa now works as a Laguna Beach Prom Photographer. She also teaches classes on technique and business practices to other Laguna Beach Wedding Photographers.