Laguna Beach Photographer Offers 5 Tips for Photography Business Referrals
The Orange County photography industry is competitive. Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach, Irvine and Costa Mesa all have numerous qualified professional photographers. To compete a photography business must get referral business.
During a downturn in the economy, the number of photography jobs available are low and the number of photographers seeking to photograph those clients is high. As a result, a photographer needs to market as efficiently as possible in order to maintain his revenue streams.
One of the most effective ways of marketing a photography business is getting referrals from others. This article offers several tips on ways a photographer can obtain referrals that are likely to turn into additional business.
1. Offer incentives. Many times those who are single and will soon be married have friends who are also single and will soon be married. Thus you should offer a referral incentive to every engaged couple who seeks you out to photograph their wedding. Other examples of referrals include offering free prints or a free sitting. The incentive does not need to be large to be effective.
2. Include business cards and a referral form in your print delivery package. A will be motivated to tell others about your great work soon after having the terrific experience of receiving your beautiful images.
3. Talk to those from whom you purchase supplies about referring business to you. Point out that the more work you are doing the more supplies you will need to purchase from them.
4. Setup vendor exchange relationships (this works especially well if you are primarily marketing for weddings). Bridal shops, hair salons, wedding cake bakeries and florists all could participate in referral exchanges.
5. Ask clients who decide not to book with you to offer a referral. These people were interested enough in your work to call. Just because they didn't choose you donít mean they didn't like your work and wouldn't refer you. They may have gone with someone else because of their limited budget, because a friend of a family offered to take pictures, or because of any number of reasons which are not related to you or your work.†
Following the above suggestions will help Orange County photographers increase their business through referrals.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Stephen and Vanessa are Orange County residents. Vanessa began her photography business by serving Murrieta and Temecula. She shot weddings, family portraits, Child Portraits and engagement shots.