Mylar Film – Usage in Vivid Range of Applications
Mylar is a business name used for a polyester film. The film was developed and launched in early 1950 and it hit the markets in late 1950. Mylar film easily replaced cellophane in various applications because of its some extraordinary features. Mylar films are excessively strong and have fantabulous insulating and heat and chemical resistant properties.
Advantages of Mylar Films
1. They are extremely strong as compared to cellophane.
2. They have great chemical resistance for X-ray. They are also known for their chemical stability.
3. They retain any liquid content or powder content placed into them for a long time mainly because of their resistance for X- ray effects.
4. It maintains strict point to point thickness with negligible deviations.
5. It is mainly resistant to any contamination of low level except for some very low contamination.
6. Ionizing radiations do not affect these films and they are resilient to decomposition to a certain limit.
1. Food packaging business:-
a. Food material packaged in Mylar films is prevented from oxidation. The film maintains the aroma of the food as well.
b. The glossy matte that is used as an attractive surface over certain sweet dishes is obtained using Mylar films.
c. White Mylar is also available in the market and is especially used in dairy products.
d. Mylar has an extraordinary property of heat resistance that makes it suitable to be used on food products that are to be roasted or kept in oven.
2. Paper Covering :-
a. They are used as a covering on a map on which drawing is to be performed without even damaging it.
b. They are used on cover pages of books and also on cloth to give a shining surface.
c. They are also used as a protection cover on buttons and badges.
d. The photographic prints have also got their upper glossy surface because of the usage of Mylar films.
e. They are used for the protection of some important documents like medical lab reports.
f. These films are used for storing comic books for a long period of time to protect them from severe and ever changing environment conditions.
3. Usage as Insulating material
a. They are used as a protective cover for the inner walls of a house with a main aim to reflect back the heat.
b. They are used as insulation material for light for indoor gardening purposes.
c. As they are heat resistant they are used as fire shelters.
4. Other applications
a. They have their use in kite making.
b. They are used for covering glass in order to keep it from damage.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
With over 50 years in converting the finest mylar roll avaliable, Our extensive experience guarantees you are purchasing the highest grade of mylar and mylar film for your garden.