Options For Binding Documents With the Fastback Model 9
Each different binding style uses its own type of binding strip or cover supplies. This article will help you to identify the five different styles of binding that you can complete with the Fastback 9.
1. Image Strip Binding: The Image Strip provides you with a complete corporate identity on a binding strip. You design the strip to include any logos, graphics, photographs and other information you desire. That way, everything you bind is readily identifiable are uniquely your own. The primary feature of the Image Strip that distinguishes it from all other types of strips is the larger front panel surface that is custom printed to let you add interesting visual impact to your documents.
2. Tape Binding: The Fastback model 9 can also be used to do standard tape binding. In fact, this is the most common application for this unit. There are two different types of standard tape binding strips used by the model 9 including the: Lx-Strip, and Lx-Comp Strip. These standard binding strips are specifically designed for the Fastback 8x and model 9 binding machines. These strips are available in Narrow and Medium widths, and in a variety of lengths, including 11" and A4. For most documents, the Lx-Strip is the best choice. However, The eye-catching executive look of the Lx-Comp Strip offers a high-end appearance, and is designed to match the Powis Parker line of composition covers for your special presentations.
3. Halfback Binding:With Powis Parker Halfback covers, you can produce documents with printed covers that look like they were perfect-bound. The front cover and spine are combined to give a more seamless look. You can create your design on a computer and print the Halfback cover using an inkjet printer. A separate back cover is used to complete your document. The covers also come in solid colors and are pre-scored for easy and accurate results every time.
4. Perfect Binding: Perfectback LF (Lay Flat), and PS (Pressure Sensitive) Lx-Strips allow you to produce perfect-bound documents, one copy at a time. This means that you can create your own paperback books on your desktop with no muss or fuss. These strips are often used for self publishing, short run perfect binding runs and for sample magazines and proof books.
5. Hardcover Binding: Using standard LX binding strips along with Powis Parker Fastback Hardcovers it is possible to create high quality bound hard cover books. This makes the Fastback 9 an excellent choice for individuals looking to bind Photobooks, Yearbooks and hard cover presentations. In fact you can produce bookstore-quality hard cover books at your desktop in a matter of minutes. However, it is important to note that it is extremely helpful to have the Powis Hardcover Guide to help align your documents inside their hard cover cases.
These are five great options for creating books with the Fastback model 9. If you own a fastback model 8 or model 8x it is possible to accomplish all of these types of binding with the exception of Image Strip Binding (the model 9 was upgraded for this purpose). Give these different types of binding a try and see for yourself just how easy binding with Fastback can be.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
If you are interested in more information about the Fastback Model 9 or are looking for Fastback Binding Machines or Fastback Binding Strips you should visit MyBinding.com. They are the largest online dealer for Powis Parker Fastback products in the United States. In fact, they carry the entire line of Powis Parker Fastback binding products.