Orange County Photographers: Ideas for Setting up a Studio
Orange County photographers wok in a competitive environment. In order to compete effectively thy need to set-up a functional appealing studio.
1. Keep things out of the studio that are breakable. I know - there are wonderful breakable pieces which could add to the feel of your studio. But don't give into that temptation to add these. Avoid uncomfortable scenario in which a client's child breaks that beautiful piece.
2. Hang swivel lights that can be pointed in any direction. Also add track lights. This will provide flexibility and speed to your efforts for perfect lighting.
3. When putting in the Studio floor, choose a unique wood. While much of the time you will be using sets, once in a while the right looks is a shot from above on a beautiful and unique wood floor.
4. Create a corner of the studio to be a presentation center. Make this location beautiful. When a client comes in to pick up his framed pictures, place all his products in this beautiful location.
5. Keep a small fridge full of drinks in the studio. This is a simple way to take care of clients who may be spending several hours with you.
6. When designing your studio don't forget to provide a space for a comfortable changing room.
7. Keep one large white wall clear so that you can use it for your sales projections.
8 If you offer framing, consider having a framing wall where clients can easily view and pick frames. Or, keep the frames in the production room and pull out the frames which work the best (this keeps the client from feeling overwhelmed).
9. Make sure reserve a safe place for storing the prints. They are easily damages when they end up on desks.
10 Paint the walls of the studio a number of different colors. This will give you variety during your shoots.
Opening a studio in Orange County, California is an exciting event. The above ideas should give any photographer planning the opening of his studio some ideas on how make it a success.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Stephen and Vanessa are professional portrait and wedding photographers. They began as Temecula Wedding Photographers but later moved to Newport Beach and became Orange County Photographers.
They serve clients in San Diego, Las Angeles, and Riverside Counties. In Orange County, they serve Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Irvine, Laguna Beach and Costa Mesa.
Vanessa teaches Laguna Beach, CA Photographers technique and business strategy.