Steps Laguna Beach Wedding Photographer Follows for Managing Images and Lightroom Catalogs
Orange County California is a competitive location for running a photography business. Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Costa Mesa and Anaheim are cities saturated with photograhers. To compete effectivly a photographer needs an efficient workflow process.
This article intended for professional Orange County photographers who have not as of yet created an efficient process for managing their images and Lightroom catalog. This process covers the initial downloading of images to the point in which the images are ready for the client to order. Depending on a photographer's comfort level on for deleting images and the volume of their workflow, a modification of these steps might be needed for individual photographers.
1. Create a new Lightroom catelog and folder on your editing computer by pointing Lightroom to a folder on the editing computer using a network. Since most of the photographers editing work will be done on this machine, it is important to keep this machine lean and mean. Image the computer monthly to remove viruses and start with a clean machine.
2. Name the folder after the name of the client.
3. Use the Ligtroom backup option to create another copy of the images onto the local hard drive.
4. Upload a copy of these negatives from the local hard drive onto an offsite storage center for backup purposes.
5. The photographer should then select and edit the images on the editing computer.
6. The photographer, in lightroom, as part of the selecting and editing process should select the images to be posted to his blog, website, and facebook account by applying lightroom rankings to the particular images.
7. The photographer should write a message for her blog and facebook account in a document, save the document to the folder holding the images and lightroom catalog.
8. The folder should then be copied back to the original computer.
9. An associate should then create the edited images in lightroom for posting on the photographer's blog, website and facebook account.
10. The associate should then rename the images to names that will help their site with search engine optimization.
11. The associate should then add the copyright to the images in either Lightroom or Photoshop.
There are an increasing number of people who are becoming professional photographers. In order to compete effectively a photographer needs to implement as much efficiency into his work as is possible. The above is an effective process that will work for many photographers.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Stephen and Vanessa are Orange County residents. Vanessa began her photography business by serving Murrieta and Temecula. She shot weddings, family portraits, Child Portraits and engagement shots.