Taking a Look at the Renz ECL 700 Wide - Format, Electric Wire Closer
If you are interested in binding, are thinking about a wire closer, and you work with wide format items, there is a machine you should take a look at: the Renz ECL 700. Here is what you need to know about this product.
If you are interested in binding, are thinking about a wire closer, and you work with wide-format items, there is a machine you should take a look at: the Renz ECL 700. Here is what you need to know about this product.
1. Binding length and capacity.The most impressive thing about the ECL 700 is its incredible binding length. It can work with documents that are up to 27.6 inches long. This makes it one of the most unique wire binders currently on the market. Like Renz's other closers - the ECL 360 and 500 models - this machine can potentially bind up to 400 books per hour. It is a good machine to use if you need to quickly put together a lot of documents.
2. Wire compatibility.The ECL 700 is compatible with any wire spine you could ever want to use whether it is a 3:1 pitch spine or a 2:1 one. All sizes are compatible with device, from 3/16' all the way to 1-1/2". (In other words, you can bind documents containing as many as 340 pages.) Plus, you can choose between twin-loop or Spiral-O spines. Whatever wire spine you want to use, this machine can handle it. Also, if you want to use this device to make calenders, you can because it will work with calendar hangers.
3. Safety features. As with any other type of machine, it is important to stay safe when working with a binding device. Luckily, the ECL 700 is one of the safest machines you can use. It has a built-in safety circuit that minimizes the risk of a hand or finger injury so you can get all of your work done and not get hurt.
4. Size and construction. Since this machine has such a huge binding length, it could almost go without saying that this is a very big product. And indeed it is with dimensions of 21" (length) x 34" (width) x 10" (height). Due to its size, the ECL 700 may not be practical for some work environments such as small offices. Also, this product tips the scale at 150 pounds, so be sure to get some help when moving it.
5. Ease of use. Although this device is large and may appear a bit intimidating, it is actually not that hard to use. It's mostly operated via a foot pedal so you'll have your hands free to manipulate the wire spines as well as you document. Plus, there's a knob on the right side of the machine that you use to select the right settings for each spine.
There are a couple of minor drawbacks to using the ECL. For one, it is designed for wire spines only. You can't use other binding elements with it such as plastic combs and coils. Also, this is not a full-fledged binding machine. It lacks a paper punch, so you'll need to have one at your disposal. If that's not an option, you can always use pre-punched paper.
Overall, the Renz ECL 700 would be a fantastic choice if you need a wide-format wire closer. It is easy to use, can work with a lot of different binding elements, and it will help you get a lot done. Take a look at this device today to see if it would be right for you.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
If you'd like to purchase the Renz ECL 700, you should really visit MyBinding.com. They have this product available at a great price and they also have all the Wire Binding Supplies that you'll need. Plus, you'll get free shipping on all orders over $75.00. If you'd like to learn more about these types of products, you can read all about them at MyBindingBlog.com. Check it out for yourself now!