Using the Fastback PowisPrinter P31 Spine Printer
The Fastback PowisPrinter is an extraordinary new printer that lets you print directly onto a Powis Parker binding strip. So not only can you print on Binderstrips, but you have complete flexibility in how you do it.
The Fastback PowisPrinter is an extraordinary new printer that lets you print directly onto a Powis Parker binding strip. It prints colored text on up to three different locations of the strip, in a variety of orientations, and accepts different lengths of narrow, medium and wide Binderstrips. So not only can you print on Binderstrips, but you have complete flexibility in how you do it.
If you need even more printing options the PowisPrinter comes with a Windows compatible software to expand your printing capabilities. Once you set up the PowisPrinter to your computer, you can use any of your computer's installed fonts, print bitmap images for logos or styling, store hundreds of document titles for later retrieval, see the entire Binderstrip as you design it, and use your computer's full size keyboard.
And there's more! With a simple service modification to your Fastback 15xs binding machine, you can dock the PowisPrinter to a Fastback binder, and the two machines work together. This allows the P31 spine printer to print on the book's spine immediately before binding. Using this feature, you can print and bind in one easy step.
If you are new to the Fastback PowisPrinter and are wondering how it works, it is very easy. Here are some fast and easy instructions for binding a document with the Powis Printer. Of course there are lots of other features that you can use. However, these instructions should help you to print a simple title on a strip in a matter of minutes.
1. Turn the Power Switch "ON". The Power Switch is located at the lower left on the back of the machine. The green Power ON light on the front of the machine will blink. The keyboard display will show "Printer self-test." When the warm-up cycle is completed, the green Power ON light will remain on, and the display will show a blank screen with two squares on the left hand side. This screen is called the "text screen"
2. Type a few words - for example, "hot dog."
3. Press PRINT.
4. The screen prompts you for a book width. Type "s." Then type "35" (as though you have 35 sheets of paper).
5. Press ENTER.
6. Insert a narrow strip into the Binderstrip Feed Entry, adhesive side up.
7. The printer will now print the Binderstrip, and eject it from the Feed Exit.
Using these simple instructions you will now have added a title to your first Fastback strip. Of course you probably don't have a lot of use for strip that reads "hot dog". However, you can use the same procedure listed above to add a different type of title to any PowisParker binding strip.
Using your P31 PowisPrinter you can also change the font, choose a different location for the title to print and even change the orientation of the print that appears on your strip. These topics are too complex to deal with in this article. However, you can look for other articles in the future that will provide instructions for these applications.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
If you are interested in more information about the Fastback PowisPrinter P31 Spine Printer or are looking for Fastback Binding Machines or Fastback Binding Strips you should visit MyBinding.com. They are the largest online dealer for Powis Parker Fastback products in the United States. In fact, they carry the entire line of Powis Parker Fastback binding products.