Using the Print Window of the PowisPrint Software For the Fastback PowisPrinter
This article will provide an overview of the different buttons and boxes that are part of this Print Window. When you select "Print" from the file menu, the Print Window opens. The Print Window display is divided into five buttons (the Print Commands) and four boxes (the Status Boxes).
Print Window - Buttons
1. Print: Prints the title in the active Design Window, then ejects the printed strip from the PowisPrinter Feed Exit (below the purple strip guide). Pressing "Print" successively in the same Print Window allows you to repeatedly print the current design. If your PowisPrinter is not docked to your Fastback binding machine you will use this button to print your binding strips before you manually load them into your binder.
2. Bind Only: When docked to a Fastback binder, the PowisPrinter accepts a strip and without printing, sends the strip to the binder. If your printer is attached to your binder this button will allow you to bind documents without printing on the spine and without disconnecting the printer from your binding machine.
3. Print & Bind: When docked to a Fastback binder, the PowisPrinter prints the title in the active Design Window and automatically feeds the printed strip to the binder, which then automatically binds the book. Pressing "Print & Bind" successively in the same Print Window allows you to repeatedly print, then bind, the current design.
4. Repeat: When docked to a Fastback, you can use this feature to title and bind a series of the same-thickness books.
5. Eject: Ejects the strip out the PowisPrinter Feed Exit (below the purple strip guide).
Print Window - Status Boxes
1. Design Window Information Box. Displays the book thickness and strip width you have chosen in the active Design Window.
2. Fastback Information Box. When a Fastback is docked to the printer, this box indicates information the Fastback has sensed. If you put a book in the binder, the Fastback detects the book thickness, and determines which width Binderstrip to use. The software displays this data here. If it does not match the Design Window Information, you can press Ask & Update to update your design according to the thickness of the book in the binder. If your printer is not docked to a Fastback binder, the Fastback box will be empty.
3. The PowisPrinter Status Box. Indicates what's happening in the PowisPrinter. As the PowisPrinter performs each function, the corresponding box illuminates. Any other information appears in the "Other" box. As the printer works on titling a Fastback strip you can watch the progress using this status box. The printer status will move from Online -> Ready -> Strip Present -> Receiving Title -> Printing.
4. The Fastback Binder Status Box. Indicates what's happening in the Fastback® binder. Each box illuminates as the Fastback® performs the corresponding function. For example, when the Fastback is docked, the Docked box will be lit. Any other information appears in the "Other" message box.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
If you are interested in more information about the Fastback PowisPrinter or are looking for Fastback Binding Machines or Fastback Binding Strips you should visit MyBinding.com. They are the largest online dealer for Powis Parker Fastback products in the United States. In fact, they carry the entire line of Powis Parker Fastback binding products.