Would be Laguna Beach Photographers: Obtain Essential Equipment
All experienced Orange County Photographers realize that a photography business requires more equipment than simply a camera.
1. An effective website. In the digital age, this is critical. A website allows clients to see your work as they decide who to book. It also allows for booking sessions online, the viewing of proofs and the ordering and payment for images.
2. Related to number one is a quality hosting service. Many services which boast "unlimited" storage and downloads have their limits. Some services limit the number of files that can be uploaded to the server. Others limit the bandwidth. Some will allow you all the bandwidth and storage you want but limit the CPU usage so in reality your bandwidth is limited. When looking for a hosting service read the fine print and follow the old adage "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." Growing photography businesses are heavy web page users (uploading files client images, allowing clients to proof, etc). In addition a website is critical to a growing business. Hosting services is not the place to scrimp when opening a new photography business.
3. Two Cameras. This is a minimum and should really be more. You must have a backup for when one camera breaks down. Someday it WILL break down.
4. 10 Flash Cards. You can't be running out of memory during a wedding. Purchase plenty of space.
5. Laptop Computer. You gotta be able to download those cards on the go. A laptop is also useful for doing an ordering session in the client's homes.
6. Light Reflectors. You will need several of them. Also, as soon as you can afford it, hiring an assistant to hold these reflectors is critical.
Becoming a professional Orange County photographer is a challenging and rewarding experience. To get started on this journey, a photographer needs, at a minimum, the above items.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Stephen and Vanessa are Orange County residents. Vanessa began her photography business by serving Murrieta and Temecula. She shot weddings, family portraits, Child Portraits and engagement shots.
She later started an office in Newport Beach and became an Orange County Photographer. She expanded her services to Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Dana Point and San Diego.
Vanessa now works as a Laguna Beach Engagement Photographer. She also teaches classes on technique and business practices to other Laguna Beach Wedding Photographers.