Create and use a password reset disk in Windows 7
Have you ever lost or forgotten your computer password? A great way to protect against a forgotten or lost computer password is to create a password reset disk. This will allow you to reset your password no matter when you forgot it. And in reality, a Windows 7 password reset disk can be created, no matter whether your password is forgotten or not, by different ways.
Way 1: Through Windows 7 system's built-in feature
Windows 7 system has a built-in feature that allows you create a password reset disk. But please note that the option is available before you lose or forget the password. You could follow the below guide to create such a disk:
1. You'll need to access your user account by going to "Start" button, and choose Control Panel. From the Control Panel, click on "User Accounts and Family Safety", and then on "User Accounts."
2. On the User Accounts screen, click on "Create a password reset disc" on the left panel.
3. The forgotten password wizard will open. Insert your USB flash device into your computer and then click "Next."
Now you have created a password reset disk. When you forgot Windows 7 password, you could use the disk to reset the forgotten password as follow:
1. Windows displays an error message stating the password is incorrect if you enter the wrong password on the logon screen.
2. Click "OK" to close the message and click the "Reset Password" button. Insert your USB flash drive. The wizard will launch.
3. Follow the wizard to change your password to a new one.
Way 2: Through Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery
If you are locked out of you computer and forgot to create a password reset disk, you need the help of password recovery tool such as Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery. The software could help you to create a Windows 7 password reset disk. You could follow the below steps:
1. You'll need to download and install Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery in any accessible computer.
2. Insert a USB flash drive and launch this program.
3. Click "Burn a Bootable USB flash drive", and then select target USB device, and click Burn button on the following screen.
4. Click Ok when the process is created.
When you forgot Windows 7 password, you could use the disk to reset the forgotten password in 3 simple steps:
1. Insert the disk in the locked PC.
2. Turn on the PC, and set BIOS of it to boot from USB.
3. You'll go to Windows PE after BIOS settings, and then you can reset Windows 7 password by following its instructions.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
If you forgot Windows 7 password, you could use a Windows 7 password reset disk to reset the password.