ERP As A Career - Good Or Bad
ERP as a career is indeed a very good choice for you. One can expect increased salary and career advancement by choosing enterprise resource planning as a career option in his life. Most people who choose this field give importance to career development and high rewards in their life.
Experts consider that, anyone with a combination of business and technical skills can make good career in this field. The vast opportunities in this field have opened a scenario where primary demand is for technical consultant and functional consultant. However, there are many other positions, such as systems administration, network administration, software testing, and database administration.
A fair understanding in a particular physical process is required for making career as a functional consultant. Career in ERP as a functional consultant is beneficial for those with proper understanding of data flow on one hand. And, one must have the capability to fit the business requirements in the vendor ERP product by minutely analyzing the gaps if any. In general, functional consultants are domain specific, such as manufacturing, human resource, finance, and procure to pay. The knowledge can be acquired by going through a short training on the module.
On the other hand, ERP as a career in technical consultancy is for those who can handle code, coding standards, and implementation life cycle. The main role of technical consultant is to customize, extend, modify, localize, or integrate existing product and develop reports. The education background is must for technical consultants, since experience in computer science is very essential for making career in this field. There are many tips that can help one to make ERP as a successful career. So, some are mentioned below.
1. One must have ability to work in small teams. And, they must be able to handle greater responsibility towards the success of project.
2. One should be able to manage a large portfolio of customers in the given time.
3. One should be able to deal with costumers who are less IT savvy.
4. One must be able to handle the pressure of work. There are many staff or business owners who are demanding but have less time for the project.
5. Completing work in aggressive timeline is very important for those who choose ERP as a career.
6. The customers could be from around the world. So, one must be ready to work on odd time zones.
7. It is necessary to deliver as per the agreed milestones.
8. One has to compromise with very many specialists. So, ERP as a career is good for those who have ability to work in large structured teams.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Read about ERP Software Features and Functions. Also know Methods of Implementing ERP Software. Read about Tally ERP Software Review.