ERP Implementation Life Cycle In An Organization
ERP implementation life cycle is the process of implementation of the ERP system in any organization. It highlights the different phases in implementation of an ERP system.
ERP implementation life cycle is the process of implementation of the Enterprise Resource Planning system in any organization. It involves many steps and phases right from the initiation, planning of the implementation project, analysis, designing, realization, transition and operations. ERP implementation life cycle highlights the different phases in implementation of an ERP system. It starts right from the screening of the ideal ERP package which is suitable for the company. The steps involved in the ERP implementation life cycle are as follows:
1. Package selection: This is the first step of the life cycle wherein the perfect ERP package has to be selected which fits in according to your business environment. In the screening process, the ERP packages which are not suitable are eliminated. The package has to be carefully chosen and testified. The right selection will determine the success of the ERP implementation. A proper study and research should be done before selection.
2. Project Planning: A proper planning of the project implementation process should be done and designed. The resources have to be allotted and the team members have to be selected.
3. GAP analysis: GAP analysis is an important step in the ERP implementation life cycle. GAP analysis is done to analyze the current situation of the organization and the future position as required.
4. Reengineering: Reengineering is required to be done as the process of implementation involves many changes and alterations. The job responsibilities of the employees and the number of employees may be altered as well. This step is done for making the business process more efficient.
5. Training: Training of the employees is started along with the implementation process in the ERP implementation life cycle. The employees take time to get used to the new system so as to be able to run the system smoothly later. They get time at this stage to learn the software and its features and become self sufficient in order to be able to operate later when the consultants and vendors finish and leave.
6. Testing: Testing is an important step and is performed so that the errors can be found and solved before the actual implementation process.
7. Implementation: This step is done when the data conversion is done and the work of the database is over. After the configuration and testing is completed, the actual implementation is done. Once the new system is implemented, the old system is removed. The end user is trained as to how to use the new system.
8. Maintenance: Maintenance is done in the post implementation phase of the ERP implementation life cycle. The problems are identified and employees learn how to deal with it. Maintenance is also an important stage of the life cycle.
These are the different stages an ERP project goes through during an ERP implementation life cycle. It is important to carefully complete these steps in details in order to run the ERP project successfully. After the implementation is done, maintenance is also important and the system must be updates regularly to keep up with the changes in the technology.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Read about Causes of ERP Failure. Also know the ERP Project Management. Read information about Infor ERP Software.