ERP Software Benefits - Advantages of Enterprise Resource Planning
Enterprise resource planning integrates all the important functional units of an enterprise into a unified system of operation that produces multi-benefits in the business. Read this article to know all the major advantages of ERP software.
ERP Software Benefits
1. The installation of ERP software package involves huge costs and takes few years in implementing it successfully. But the multi benefits of this software outperform all the costs and the toil involved in its installation. This software always helps in maintaining its focus on the growth of the business.
2. ERP plays an important role in the "Strategic Planning" of a business organization that helps to set new goals, plan strategically to achieve new targets based on the assets and the requirements of the organization and evaluate the possible outcomes. This helps in better management of the organization leading to better profit margins.
3. The integrated system of the ERP provides the necessary information that enables faster decision making. Any important data can be easily accessed from any point, and the well coordinated information system enables better decision making.
4. The unification of the system helps in better visibility of the business and helps in proper monitoring of the operations.
5. The integrated feature also helps in reducing operational costs due to the advanced coordination system among the various functional units of the organization. It helps in lowering costs involving inventory, marketing, production and other supportive features.
6. The easy accessibility of the data from the data warehouses enables a better day-to-day management that helps in taking timely cost effective measures. It helps in easy tracking of the costs involved in operations and controls them as required.
7. The well coordinated communication system helps in a better team work that ultimately leads to the growth of the business.
8. It helps in building a healthy and long term relationship with the customers through the timely delivery of goods and attending to their problems on the first call.
9. ERP system leads to a drastic reduction of IT related costs thereby reducing the total cost of ownership.
10. Through the use of internet, it helps in better communication and collaboration within and out of the organization.
11. ERP helps in effective management of the assets through the optimal use of machinery, materials and manpower.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Find information on ERP Software Selection. Read SAP ERP Review and features and advantages. Also know about Microsoft Dynamics GP Review.