How to create Custom Power Management Plan in windows 7?
For a laptop user power consumption reduction is a very big problem. He/She can eliminate this problem to a certain level by creating a power management plan for their specific needs. You can also use third party tools for reducing power consumption.
Every user wants a laptop/computer which consumes less power. In the previous version of Window operating system a user doesn’t have privileges to create power management plans according to their need. Now in Windows 7 and Windows 8 a user can control the power consumption by terminating unnecessary power hungry background services. In this article I will let you know about the procedure which you can follow to reduce the power consumption of your computer/Laptop.
For creating a Custom Power Plans you have to follow the steps mentioned below:
· Click Start button then select Control Panel option from Start Menu.
· Then Click on Hardware and Sound then select Power options.
· A new window will appears on your screen “Power option Screen”. Three types of plans are available for general user which are as:
1. Balanced Mode: Provide full performance and display brightness during operation and saves power while idle.
2. Power Saver: This mode of operation is very useful for laptop user as it saves lots of power by reducing performance and display brightness thus helps a user to work longer with single battery.
3. High Performance: In this mode of operation display brightness increases and the computer performance is maximized in some circumstances. This mode of operation consumes lots of power thus reduces the amount of time a laptop battery lasts.
· If these plans doesn’t fulfill your need then you can create you own plan by clicking an option “Create a Power Plan” available on the left pane on Power Option Screen.
· Name your plan on the text available on the bottom of the screen and then click on the “Next” button.
· Now a new window appears on your screen which has options through which you can manage Sleep and Display Settings for your plan. Then click on “Create” button and follow instructions.
· You can do additional changes by clicking on “Change Advanced Power settings”. For beginners it is not recommended to perform any changes as it can cause major changes and force improper functioning of computer setup.
· But for veterans “Change Advanced Power settings “is a very important tool through which they can customize the power management of your computer. You get authority to set password as your PC wakeup.
· You can also change Processor power management settings and set to “Minimum Processor state” or “System Cooling Policy” as per your requirement.
· You can also suspend USB operation and turn off hard disk thus close all the running processes.
· You also get an option to change and manage PCI express thus allow you to control the power consumption required for these processes.
· You can also adjust the time duration for Sleep and Hibernation mode. You can also set the wakeup timers for you computer. An option name “Hybrid Sleep” is present which a combination of Sleep and Hibernate is. The computer goes into sleep mode and all the data is saved in the RAM when computer battery fails then computer will reboot as it had been in hibernate mode.
· Then click on Apply button to apply the changes.
Thus by following the above mentioned steps you can create Power management setup for completing your needs. There are some third party companies which provide computer maintenance tools which monitor your computer power consumption and suggest possible ways to reduce power consumption. They also provide reliable software solution for enhancing speed and performance of your computer. They also provide 24 *7 online technical supports for 365 days.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
1. Bella Martin received the Master degree in software engineering in 2006 and currently serving as a software engineer at Impcsupport. She provides informative articles on Online PC Support, PC technical support, windows support, computer maintenance tools and software’s.