How to detect or remove rouge security software
rouge security software is a fake software which has nothing to do with the security of the system, its a scam by the hackers to redirect you to the money paying sites, take you to the criminal offences by unknowingly involving you in security threats and so on.
Every coin has two sides, if head is there, definitely other side will be a tail. Likewise if there are strong antiviruses, there exist strong viruses too. Good and bad are complementary of each other. If computer has given us comfort, it too has creates panic to our life, we get in trap of internet fraud, virus attack, financial scam and so on. However, if we take certain precautions we can keep aside such negative acts and can enjoy the comfort.
Rouge security software has nothing to do with the security of computer, it’s just a scam, a fraudulent act to trap you inside the market of malicious files, inherit your financial account, disrupt your registries, and show you the ocean of viruses.
The functions which are performed by rouge security software are as follows,
· It loads itself as a service and run all the time, generate fake security report.
· Disable system utilities such as Task Manager, Registry Editor and System Restore that could be used to uninstall them,
· Completely disable legitimate security software that is running on user’s computer.
· It creates actual malware, harmless files on the computer and point them as threats or simply point out useful and harmless system files as threats.
· It utilizes all the system resources such as taskbar pop-ups, desktop scan etc.
· It takes all your personal information and may use it for criminal actions or in money fraudulent.
Friends it’s a serious threat and should be removed from the computer as soon as possible. The steps to detect rouge security software on your computer are as follows,
· Check the contact information on rogue virus package and match it with the contact information on vendor’s site.
· Check the location of that software for example PC optimizer genuine software runs in program files while the Rogue PC optimizer virus runs from system32 or application directory or temp directory or any other location.
· Contact the software provider company and they will verify whether the software you have is legitimate or fake.
· Check whether it always takes you to the money paying sites.
· Check, it asks you every time to enter the license activation key or so on.
When you got confirmed that you are affected by this software, immediately remove it from your computer system, the steps to do so are as follows,
· Manually stop the application’s running processes, unregister its DLLs, delete its files and folders, and remove its registry entries.
· Or, open the safe mode with networking.
· Check for rouge security software and all the programs related with it.
· Delete or remove them.
· Install, highly defined good antivirus on your computer.
· Run complete computer scan, to check the present status of your computer and remove viruses if they are found.
Guys, these are the ways by which you can detect and remove rouge security software from your computer, if you face any sort of problem, call me on my toll free number 1-855-352-1816. You can even visit website www.impcsupport.com, it provides online technical support, windows maintenance tools, software’s, protection tools and so on.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
1. Bella Martin received the Master degree in software engineering in 2006 and currently serving as a software engineer at Impcsupport. She provides informative articles on Online PC Support, PC technical support, windows support, computer maintenance tools and software’s.