Installing the Powis Parker Fastback P21x FoilFast Printer on Mac OS X
Installing the Foilfast P21x on the Mac is a two part process.This article will give you step by step instructions for installing the P21x FoilFast printer on your Mac computer running OSX or above.
Installing the FoilFast Printer Software
1. Double click on the the disk image file (FoilfastP21.dmg). This will install an image disk on your desktop.
2. Open the image disk and double click on the file titled "FoilfastP21.pkg" The Introduction dialog box appears.
3. Click 'Continue.' The Read Me dialog box appears. You may print or save this information as a text file by clicking the appropriate buttons.
4. Click 'Continue.' The Software License Agreement dialog box appears. You may print the agreement by clicking the 'Print' button, or save it as a text file by clicking the 'Save' button.
5. Click 'Continue.' A dialog box appears asking you to verify that you agree with the terms of the Software License Agreement. If you do not agree with the terms of the Software License Agreement, click Disagree' and exit the installation program. Otherwise, click 'Agree.' A dialog box showing the hard drives that are available for installation will then appear.
6. Click on the drive that you want the printer software installed on. For best results, always install the printer on the same drive as your System. The chosen drive appears with a green arrow. Click 'Continue.' The Easy Install dialog box appears
7. Click 'Install.' The software will take a few minutes to install. After it is finished installing, a dialog box will open to indicate that the software was successfully installed.
8. Click 'Close.' You may now drag the disk image to the Trash to eliminate it. This finishes the software installation, now you must use Printer Setup Utility to add the Foilfast printer to your computer's available printer list.
Using the Printer Setup Utility
1. Locate the Apple Printer Setup Utility and double-click on it. The Available Printer List appears. The default location for the Printer Setup Utility in OSX is the Utilities folder in Applications.
2. Click the 'Add' button. The list of available printers appears.
3. Locate the Foilfast printer on the list and click 'Add.' Your printer is now ready to use. If, for any reason, your installation was not successful, remove all components of the Foilfast software from your computer and try again.
Using these simple instructions you should be able to install and add the P21x FoilFast printer to your Mac. Unfortunately, the FoilFast printer is not designed for use with Mac machines that are running OS versions before OSX. Older versions of the Foilfast may work your Mac using a parallel to USB conversion cable. However, not all cables are compatible and Powis does not support these installs. You may need to upgrade to a new version of the P21x if you have this problem.
Article Tags: P21x Foilfast Printer, Printer Setup Utility, Available Printer List, Software License Agreement, Powis Parker, P21x Foilfast, Foilfast Printer, Printer Software, Printer Setup, Setup Utility, Available Printer, Printer List, Click Continue, Software License, License Agreement
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
If you are interested in more information about the Fastback P21x FoilFast Printer or are looking for Fastback Binding Machines or Fastback Binding Strips you should visit MyBinding.com. They are the largest online dealer for Powis Parker Fastback products in the United States. In fact, they carry the entire line of Powis Parker Fastback binding products.