Online shopping will boom or collapse in India?
With the computer and the internet, all the countries including India is witnessing life online. The coming of online facilities has definitely made our life comfortable and luxurious. With this new trend, shopping, which is considered to be one of the lengthiest activities has reduced to total fun. All the products you want to check and know about, has been brought to the small screen of your computer.
Online shopping in India is still lacking as compared to UK, US, etc., but has caught a momentum and is growing fast with the internet industry. Reasons for this lack are fear from frauds, quality assurance, poor customer service, and delay in delivery. The sellers want business and buyers want good returns. In this win-win situation it’s definite that 'online shopping' will out-grow not only nationally but globally.
As there are two sides of a coin, here, we have two aspects of online shopping. One in considered to be its benefit, classified such as-
• You save time
• Save money
• Save your energy
• It is open 24 X 7
• You get heavy discounts
• Amazing promotional offers
• You need not compromise with your brand and quality
• Shop from the comfort and luxury of your home or office
• Place the order to buy online and get it delivered at your doorstep
Despite the fact that online shopping can be very convenient to the buyer, it also has its drawbacks.
• You are not allowed to check the item personally to see if it is described perfectly by the seller.
• Online shopping doesn’t permit you to touch the product, try it on yourself, and take the item the same day you’ve purchased it.
• There is also a great possibility that you get scammed by fraud sellers who makes online stores for the purpose of stealing money from online consumers.
• The risk the uncertain payment method online and the fear of being a victim of identity theft.
The online shopping industry is India is expected to grow at a rate of 57 per cent by 2015.All the above disadvantages of online shopping are related to the customers. Now if we look from marketing side, the online shopping has got a lot of competition as every small enterprise is starting their own online store to attract the online customers. And to survive in the competition, the company has to provide the best deals to customers. This will decrease the profit margin of the company.
Apart from this, the online marketing in India is restricted only to certain products like electronic gadgets, books etc. It has not been extended to grocery. Other factors like limited reach of Internet in rural areas and lack of computer knowledge restrict the growth of e-commerce in India.
As the people who do online shopping doesn't want their money to go waste, they should have better knowledge of what to grab, how to grab and more specifically from where to grab it. Using secure connections, awareness of fraud methods and sites while shopping online will definitely give high peak to the online industry. We just need to be more conscious, alert about what is happening in our surrounding and how to handle it for not getting harm in any way.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR