Why use language translation and interpretation?
Language interpretation/translation is the conversion of a speech, message or any proceeding in oral/written form, from source language to target language. This is done by the interpreter or translator, to enable the participants to understand in their own language, the communication delivered in a foreign language (source language).
Both the works involve conversion from one language to another. There are many benefits of language interpretation and translation:-
(1) It promotes exchange of knowledge. The language interpreter and translator help people with various cultures and socio-economic backgrounds communicate with each other thereby encouraging cultural and economic exchange.
(2) Language interpretation and translation gives abundant opportunities to travelers around the world. With language interpretation abilities, geographic restrictions and language barriers are crossed by people who speak a different language. Whether for leisure or pleasure, educational or career reasons, language interpretation can help people see new places.
(3) Language interpretation has become a standalone industry in itself which not only generates revenue for other industries through socio-political exchange but also is in itself a source of employment for language specialists.
(4) With the growth of language interpretation and translation, the language barriers that used to exist between countries are removed. This has helped in promotion of trade, commercial activities, transfer of technology, transfer of knowledge, medical treatments, promotion of tourism and culture across counties.
(5) Language interpretation and translation have resulted in huge cost efficiencies in international exchange through their contribution in conferences and meetings, which are now effectively and economically conducted with better results.
Language interpretation and translation also provides manifold benefits to those who pursue this career. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has forecasted that the demand for language interpreters will increase by 22 percent from 2008 to 2018, resulting in the creation of 11,300 new jobs in the field.
Translators and interpreters get access to a wider social and professional network. They get to interact with senior diplomats and industrialists thereby getting access to opportunities with leading organizations as well as welfare organizations of the United Nations. They participate in conferences on education, career, international relations and even tourism.
Language interpreters and translators also get a lot of opportunity to travel all over the world. They get first hand access to cultures and experiences which most people in other industries can avail only at very senior leadership roles and after a lot of experience in their respective industries. Interpreters and translators who really enjoy linguistics can also opt for further studies thereby getting access to an equally rewarding academic career.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Article written by Mr. Ram Kesarwani, Director of Translation India - offers interpretation equipment and interpretation equipment rental for conferences, meetings and seminars from India.