How to make a home more green energy efficient?
With affordable and user-friendly green energy technologies available for domestic use, home owners can now adapt a cost effective and environment conscious lifestyle. Some basic ways to make a home more green energy efficient are to install a solar water heater, put up photovoltaic solar panels, opt for a domestic windmill, switch to passive solar technology and build a compost pit in your garden.
The term green energy basically refers to the usage of heating and cooling devices which use much less energy or renewable energy such as solar and wind which is environmental friendly as well as cost effective. Contrary to popular belief installing energy efficient devices in one’s home does not involve a huge investment as there are a numerous companies in the market offering green energy solutions for homes at highly competitive and bargain prices. The following section lists some convenient ways by which you can make your home more green energy efficient:
1. Install a solar water heater: Installing a solar water heater is a great way to turn your home more green energy efficient. While purchasing a solar water heater from the market can be expensive one can also build their own solar powered heaters at relatively low prices.
2. Put up photovoltaic solar panels: Using the sun’s renewable energy and converting it into electric power can be easily done by putting up photovoltaic solar panels on the rooftops of your home.
3. Opt for a domestic windmill: If you live in a windy area, installing a domestic windmill or a wind turbine is another great way to generate power through wind energy.
4. Switch to passive solar technology: If you are constructing a new home you can make it more green energy efficient by using bricks that are made of insulated materials, installing energy efficient doors and windows as well as deigning the home to allow the optimum passage of natural light into your rooms.
5. Build a compost pit in your garden: A great way to recycle your biodegradable kitchen waste and make your garden area more green and fertile is by building a compost pit.
Turning a home green energy efficient involves utilizing renewable energy such as sun, wind and water into power through innovative technologies which are easily accessible in today’s times for domestic use. So go ahead and do yourself and the environment a great favor by adopting a more eco - friendly lifestyle by turning your home more green energy efficient.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Melanie Hogeveen is an expert writer in varied fields and has been doing research on several topics for the past several years. She is renowned for her advices and tips to help people and environment. For more details please visit Green Energy.