You see, a Forex broker is the person who will trade in your place, and whether
you profit or not, you will have to pay him, in the form of a commission. So,
if you do not want to waste money, it is necessary for you to find the perfect
Here are 6 factors to look into:
1. Check their track record. You would know if a broker is doing well or not by
looking at his numbers. If he is making a lot of money, it means that he is a
2. Investigate. A little background check would not hurt. This could save you a
lot of money because it keeps you away from deceitful brokers. You can inquire
from the Commodity Futures Trading Commission or CTFC, or the Futures
Commission Merchant or FCM. You should also make sure he is a member of the
NFA, or the National Futures Association. If you find his records questionable,
then look somewhere else.
3. Consider his deposit requirements. While there is really no need for a
deposit to start trading, many Forex brokers require it as a means of security
for them in case they will not be paid by the investor. However, the deposit
should not be too steep; the average asking rate is $200-$500.
4. Get reliable and effective software. Your broker should be able to advise
you regarding the use of software as a tool in trading. You can use a
demo account, which allows you to test the software prior to purchasing it.
5. Consider the use of currency pairs. This is something a good broker should
do- use a wide array of currency pairs. Short-list a broker that uses the
currency pairs you prefer, as each one has a unique pattern.
6. They must have customer support. Trading is very dynamic, and at any given
time, you will need the help of your broker. You do not want to wake him up in
the middle of the night just to trade. It would be very convenient for the both
of you if your broker has a helpdesk you can reach, 24/7. Of course, having
good customer service is just as important too.
Before you enter the world of Forex Trading, you need to go over these factors
and see to it that you will be able to tackle these in your quest for a good