Get Comprehensive Information about health insurance in Virginia
Virginia offers various options to get health insurance through government-sponsored programs and private insurers who provide various types of health plans to consumers.
• Consumer lost a job that provided health insurance?
Consumer who lost the job and there the group health insurance policy in Virginia can take advantage of a federal law called COBRA, which ensures that if a consumer applies for it within 60 days of the termination of job, he/she will be eligible for 18 months of coverage. However, the whole amount of premium will be paid by the consumer. In Virginia, former workers of small businesses having less than 20 employees have a right to pay for coverage for three months.
• Consumer lost the job-based health insurance because of divorce or widowhood, or lost the coverage because of the loss of dependent status?
In such situations, the consumers can extend their coverage through COBRA for 36 months. For small businesses having less than 20 employees, the consumers can extend their coverage for 3 months.
• Consumer lost the job because of trade policy—for example, increased imports or jobs moving overseas?
In this case, the federal law of Trade Adjustment Assistance Reform Act may pay 65% of the cost of health insurance for up to one year, and sometimes longer.
• Consumer is an early retiree who lost the health coverage?
The Trade Adjustment Assistance Reform Act helps workers who lose their jobs because of trade policy. It also provides help for early retirees. If the pension benefit is paid by the federal Pension Benefits Guaranty Corporation, the consumer can receive help with 65% of the cost of health insurance until he/she becomes eligible for Medicare.
• Are you unable to avail affordable health insurance in Virginia?
Consumer who can’t afford to buy health insurance, there are certain programs in Virginia to help them. Medicaid and FAMIS are two such programs for getting affordable health insurance.
Pregnant women, a parent with a child living at home, a person with a disability or a person who spends most of your income on health care can qualify for this.
• In case a consumer has a serious medical condition or a disability?
In case of medical condition or disability, consumers can get Medicare or Medicaid programs to provide coverage.
If consumers can’t find health insurance through all these programs, a local community health plan may work quite well.
Private companies offering affordable health insurance in Virginia
Below is the list of private companies offering various types of health insurance plans in Virginia:
• Aetna• American National• Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield• Assurant• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield• Celtic• Golden Rule• Great American• Humana One• IAC• Kaiser Permanente• Patriot Health• Solera Dental• UniCare
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Author is expert on writing about health insurance his articles on Low Income Health Insurance virginia. and Low Cost Health Insurance virginia are read with delight by the readers.