SR 22 Auto Insurance Compulsory in Georgia
Cars, trucks, two wheelers and other vehicles can be insured under auto insurance. This insurance provide some or full amount of our loss that occurred during accident or any damage that come under rules of insurance.
In Georgia, Atlanta government has made a rule named SR 22 auto insurance. This insurance has to be purchased by every person in Georgia if he wants to drive a vehicle. SR 22 is insurance made for the people caught in accidents that happen with carelessness. Also people caught in DUI needs to have SR 22 Auto insurance. SR 22 auto insurance is issued to drivers having bad records previously. SR 22 insurance is of two types: -
1. First type of insurance is for the car and the owner of the car. This policy has medical, comprehensive and liable insurance covered.
2. Second type of insurance is for car and the operator, not required compulsory for the owner. Motorcycles or heavy vehicles are covered under non-owner auto insurance policy.
Some of the rules of Georgia Auto insurance are: -
1) Minimum cost of car to have insurance is $25,000.
2) Cost of insurance of two or more person in car is $60,000.
3) Cost of insurance of person driving a car is $30,000.
4) The driver should have both compulsory and SR 22 auto insurance.
5) The insurance company has to send an electronic copy of the car insured under SR 22 to the motor vehicle department of Georgia.
If the person is caught in DUI and it is found that the SR 22 auto insurance is expired, the police may cancel the license of the driver or cancel the driving privileges of that car. More penalties can be applied if a driver is caught with lapsed SR 22 insurance.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
http://www.onlineautoinsurance.com is a leading auto insurance in Maine source. Click for more information on cheap auto insurance and other informative topics.