How to Select Caterers
Hiring the right caterers for a party, wedding or other important event is crucial. Foods and beverages are an integral part of the equation. Everyone will remember what was served, what sort of p...
There are lots of things to think about when hiring a catering service. What time of the day the event will be held, seasonal considerations, a plannerís budget, how far in advance the planner is able to book a date and special menu considerations. Itís important to find out what sort of training the chefs have and to get some word-of-mouth recommendations. Here are some things to think about:
- Time of day: The time the event is held will play a large part in choosing menu items. Breakfasts or brunches will be preferable for earlier times. Coffee, pastries, omelet stations, champagne and more can be perfect for this time of day. Later events can be geared for dinner items.
- Seasonal considerations: Summer occasions lean toward lighter fare such as salads, fresh organic fruits and ďcool tempĒ items. Blustery cold weather calls for heartier, hot choices such as soups, hot toddies and roasted meats or vegetables.
- Budget: Itís important to decide how much can be spent and stick to it. Even a tighter budget can allow for some lavish appearing fare. Presentation can make the meal. Having a dessert or appetizer buffet can be less expensive than a full meal and still create a memorable feast.
- Planning in advance: When a date has been firmed up for the occasion, booking it with the caterers as soon as possible is a wise step. This will allow ease in squeezing into their schedule book more easily and advance reservations may cut some of the price tag as well. Waiting too long to book an event may mean settling for a less desirable catering crew or having to alter dates.
- Special menu considerations: When planning an event, itís important to think of offering a variety of options for those with dietary constraints or finicky tastebuds. Peanut allergies are rampant these days, so best to avoid products with peanuts in order to avoid paramedics having to crash the party. Most people would like products that are fresh and pesticide free. Having organic produce, free range meats and eggs plus home baked items will be popular with diners. For the vegans or vegetarians in the group, itís important to offer some meatless, eggless and dairy-less items. Many individuals are avoiding wheat these days, so having a few gluten-free options will be appreciated.
Hiring talented, organized caterers will be central to having a memorable party, wedding or special event. The merriment at the special occasion will be increased tenfold by having delicious foods that have been carefully prepared and beautifully presented.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
new orleans caterers know how to put together quite a spread. No feast is too small or big, to learn more about the perfect meal for your next get together visit: www.auduboninstitute.org.