6 Useful Natural Remedies for Razor Bumps
Razor bumps are also known as pseudofolliculitis barbae technically which are in fact ingrown hair that is the growth of the hair back into the skin. Read this article to find information on the causes and natural remedies for treating razor bumps.
It can be safely and effectively cured by some natural remedy. In this condition the skin gets irritated and develops cysts, pustules, papules and pimples. Some natural remedies are very helpful in the treatment of razor bumps.
1. Add 3 drops of glycerin, one-fourth cup warm water and also two crushed tablets of aspirin. Stir all the ingredients properly until the aspirin tablet is dissolved completely. With the help of cotton balls apply the prepared mixture on the affected area. It will give soothing effect to your irritated skin.
2. Dissolve two uncoated crushed aspirins tablets in the warm water. Make a runny paste and rub it on the affected area or newly shaved areas. Leave it for five minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
3. Mix the following essential oil to prepare the mixture to reduce the affect of razor bumps. Take lavender oil which has the property of healing, chamomile which restricts the problem of inflammation, and also the tea tree which is an effective antiseptic. When all the three oils are mixed together and applied on the irritated skin then it will give soothing effect on your skin. If the condition deteriorates then you may consult to a dermatologist.
4. You can cut a leaf of aloe vera plant and open it wide. Squeeze out the gel from the leaf and then apply this gel on your razor bumps. Allow this gel to dry on your skin. It will treat the problem effectively.
5. You can also use iodine, tea tree oil or any alcohol based aftershave on the affected area. It will prevent the razor bumps from getting infected.
6. If any person is prone to razor bumps then don't shave regularly. Make a habit to shave after the gap of 2-3 days.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Find more useful Home Remedies for Skin Damage. Read the benefits of Shilajit in improving overall health. Find Erectile Dysfunction Pills for better performance.