Breast Augmentation And Factors Affecting Price
There is no specific price for breast augmentation surgery. The amount of money needed for this procedure is different for every individual. There are many variables affecting the overall price. Here are some of the factors that influence the cost of breast augmentation.
- Type of Implants: The two kinds of implants available are saline and silicone. Silicone gel implants typically cost more, but many women think they look and feel more like natural breasts. Your surgeon will recommend the type of implant that is best for your specific goals. Implant size, shape and placement are also factors affecting cost.
- Geography: The demand for breast augmentation is higher on the West Coast and in the Northeast regions of the U.S. Large cities also have higher demand than rural areas. In areas with greater demand for this procedure, the price is usually higher.
- Type of Facility: Many surgeons have their own operating facilities, while others perform the surgeries in a hospital. The complexity of your surgery determines whether it can be performed in a surgeon’s office or not. Hospital fees are generally higher than fees for other facilities.
- Extent of Surgery: There are different techniques that may be employed in breast augmentation surgery. Some of the ways in which implants are inserted are more complex and time-consuming than others, and therefore more expensive. Sometimes, only a local anesthetic is needed, while other surgeries require general anesthesia. The general anesthesia is more costly, and there are separate fees for the anesthesiologist. In some cases, you may need a breast lift in combination with the breast implants. A breast lift is common for patients whose natural breasts are not the same size or do not sit at the same level. You may also need a breast lift if your breasts appear saggy after pregnancy or weight loss, or due to the effects of aging. The total cost of your breast augmentation will increase if you need this additional procedure.
- Surgeon: Your surgeon’s experience level will influence his or her fees. More experienced surgeons usually charge more money, but not always. Higher cost does not necessarily equal higher quality. However, choosing a surgeon should be based on education, experience and skill level-not price. If you select a surgeon with a good amount of experience, you are more likely to be satisfied with the results. The most important qualification to look for when selecting a surgeon is board certification.
Breast augmentation has many variables affecting the overall price. The only way to get an exact price for your surgery is through a consultation with a surgeon. Many surgeons offer free consultations. If the amount of money you need seems overwhelming, you can also discuss payment plan options with your surgeon.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
If you are considering a Breast Augmentation Fort Worth, learn more at http://www.usaplasticsurgery.com.