Causes And Home Remedies For Asthma - Prevent Asthmatic Attacks
Asthma is a disorder affecting the air ways of the lungs. Chronic inflammation of the air ways makes a person asthma patient.
Causes of Asthma
An asthmatic is like to have attacks in response to some common triggers like
1. Inhaling polluted air
2. Exposure to tobacco
3. Exposure to wood smoke
4. Inhaling respiratory irritants like certain perfumes.
5. Acid reflux
6. Exposure to cold weather
7. Sulfites, an additive in certain food items.
8. Breathing in certain allergens like dust, molds or animal danders.
9. Stress or any other intense emotional excitement.
10. Physical exertion.
People with chronic respiratory infections like cold and flu, bronchitis or sinus, those suffering from Hay fever and eczema are more prone to develop asthma. Those having a family history of asthma, have every possibility of getting the disease. Also the occurrence of asthma is closely linked with a woman's menstrual cycles.
Home Remedies for Asthma
1. One suffering from asthma may hold a jug of honey below his or her nose and take in the smell. He or she will soon be able to breathe better.
2. One may consume 3-4 figs a day to get relief from asthma. Figs help in draining out the accumulated mucus.
3. 5 grams of Indian gooseberry juice mixed with 1 tablespoon honey makes a beneficial medical tonic for patients of asthma.
4. Drinking the juice of one lemon mixed with honey after meals is an effective home remedy for asthma.
5. One may make a paste of the roots of bitter gourd, mix equal amounts of honey and juice of basil leaves to it and take the mixture once every night. It produces amazing results in controlling asthma.
6. One may prepare soup of drum stick leaves by boiling a bunch of drum stick leaves in 180 ml water and add salt, pepper and lime juice to taste. Taking the soup regularly cures asthma.
7. One teaspoon of dried and powdered safflower seeds mixed with honey may be taken thrice a day. This treats asthma by liquefying the sputum.
8. Half teaspoon of Bishop's weed may be added to a glass of butter milk and drunk twice a day. It drains out the phlegm. A hot poultice of bishop's weed seeds may be placed on chest to enable easy breathing.
9. Ten garlic cloves boiled in 30 ml milk relieves asthmatic symptoms. Drinking fuming ginger tea with 2 minced garlic cloves added to it twice a day is also an effective remedy for asthma.
10. Inhaling the steam by adding ajwain in boiling water also minimizes the severity of asthma symptoms by widening the bronchial passage.
11. Intake of fresh ginger juices added to a fenugreek decoction proves quite helpful in treating asthma.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Read more Home Remedies for Asthma. Also know useful Home Remedies for Anemia. Read effective Home Remedies for Arthritis.