Constipation Home Remedies and Natural Treatments That Work
Constipation generally arises due to the poor bowel movements, producing extreme discomfort in passing stools. Read this article to know causes, symptoms and home remedies for constipation.
Commonly observed symptoms of constipation are
1. Feeling of pain in the rectum while passing stool.
2. Incomplete evacuation of the bowel.
3. Burning sensation in the rectum and anus followed by bleeding.
There are many causes for constipation, and the common ones are
1. Consuming low fiber diet
2. Taking too much of spicy and oily foods
3. Drinking less amount of water
5. Digestive problems like acidity, colitis and liver problems.
Home Remedies for Constipation
Constipation is generally treated by administrating laxatives, which are available as over the counter medicines. Home remedies can produce wondrous results in treating this disorder.
1. People suffering from constipation must include plenty of fruits and green vegetables in their diet and drink plenty of water. Vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber that enables smooth bowel movement. Water helps in the proper digestion and absorption of nutrients in the body.
2. Avoid refined flour and take food prepared from whole wheat grains. Brown bread, chapattis also help in reducing the problem of constipation.
3. Though high in calories, Black strap molasses are highly beneficial in treating constipation. Take two table spoons of Black strap molasses with milk or fruit juices before going to bed.
4. "After dinner walk a mile" is a popular saying. Follow this regularly for proper digestion of food.
5. Juice of cabbage helps in reducing constipation problems. Drink half cup of this juice daily two times a day.
6. Dry Spiegel seeds are widely used to treat constipation. Mix ten grams of Spiegel seeds in a glass of warm water and drink it daily at night before going to bed.
7. Dates taken along with milk also help in reducing constipation problem.
8. Regular intake of Figs in good amount helps in reducing chronic constipation. Figs are soaked in water overnight and taken early in the morning.
9. Add four grams of Triphala in 200 ml. of water or milk and drink it regularly. Triphala is highly effective in curing constipation.
Article Tags: Home Remedies
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Read more about Constipation Treatment. Also know effective Indigestion Cure. Find how you can Improve Digestion with herbal remedies.