Dark Circles Treatment - Causes And Home Remedies
Dark circle is a common skin problem which many people complain of. It may be defined as darkish-blue half moons or bands under the eye.
At times, blood leaks out from these capillaries and body by means of its natural mechanism, mops up the loose blood. During the mopping up process, dark circles appear under eyes. The loose blood breaks down through an oxidization process called hemoglobin degradation that imparts dark circles their characteristic color. Not getting enough sleep or pregnancy or menstruation do not cause circles actually. But they only highlight dark circles, because inadequate sleep, pregnancy and menstruation make the surrounding skin turn pale. The factors triggering the occurrence of under eye circles may be listed as follows:
2. Wrinkling of skin due to aging
3. Shadows cast by bone arc in case of eyes deeply seated in skull socket
4. Atopic dermatitis
6. Emotional stress
7. Intake of alcohol
9. Eating junk food
10. Nasal congestion
11. Pigmentation irregularities
12. Sun exposure
13. Thinning of skin and loss of fat and collagen.
14. Prolonged illness
15. Certain medications that dilate blood capillaries, engorging them with blood.
16. Prolonged use of chemically composed cream.
17. Excessive rubbing or scratching of eyes.
1. Mix the juices extracted from cucumber and potato. Dab the circles under the eyes with a cotton swab soaked in the mixture. Let it dry for some time and then wash off with cold water. This helps to remove dark circles.
2. Massage under eyes circles with almond oil for 15 minutes. Do this daily to get rid of circles under the eyes.
3. Apply a mixture of 2 tablespoon tomato juice and 2 tablespoon lemon juice on under eyes circles. This effectively lightens the skin under eyes.
4. Dab dark circles with a cotton ball dipped in fresh, soothing rose water. This will erase your dark circles and give you a pair of sparkling eyes.
5. Make a paste of nutmeg in milk. Apply the paste on under eyes circles and leave overnight. Wash away with cold water in the morning. This is a useful home remedy for under eyes circles.
6. Application of mint leaf juice relieves the problems of tired eyes and dark circle.
7. Make a paste out of lentils, turmeric, tomato juice and lemon juice. Coat circles with the paste and allow it to dry. Then wash off with cold water. This is highly beneficial in treating under eyes circles.
8. Pierce a Vitamin E capsule and mix the contents with little olive oil and apply on under eyes circles. This is a useful under eyes circles cure.
9. Place a clean cloth dipped in ice-cold water on under eyes circles. Cold water constricts blood vessels and capillaries lightening the dark bands under eyes.
10. Place dry, frozen chamomile tea bags on eyes to diminish under eyes circles.
11. Apply a paste made out of turmeric powder and pineapple juice on dark circles. This is an effective cure.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Read more Home Remedies for Dark Circles. Also know useful Home Remedies for Depression. Read effective Home Remedies for Diabetes.