Ear Infection - Causes And Home Remedies
Ear infection may be defined as an infection of the ear canal or ear drum or middle ear. Symptoms of ear infection are pain in ear, itching in ear, feeling of fullness in ear, loss of hearing power, discharge from ear, vertigo, mild fever and nausea.
In case of otis media infection, the Eustachian tubes swell and get inflamed and pus accumulates in the middle ear, just behind the ear drum. If pus amount increases, it exerts much pressure on ear drum, even going to the extent of puncturing it in some cases. External infection is also known as swimmer's ear infection. This type of infection sets in as a result of fungus or bacteria thriving on the damp, moist environment of the outer ear. In other words, water residue in the outer side provides a congenial environment for the breeding of bacteria or fungus. The factors that trigger infection may be listed as follows:
1. Exposure to severe cold
2. Throat infection
3. Allergic reaction
4. Foreign particles getting lodged in ear
5. Moisture or water getting trapped in ear while bathing or swimming
6. Nutritional deficiency.
1. Pour few drops of garlic oil in to the ear to get relief from infection.
2. Boil 3-4 cloves of garlic in water. Crush the cloves and add a pinch of salt. Tie it up in woolen fabric and place the poultice on infected ear. This reduces ache and cures infection.
3. Put 2-3 drops of warm olive oil. This is an effective home remedy for ear infection.
4. Apply mineral oil into infected ear to get rid of infection.
5. Mix carom seeds and sesame seeds in ratio 1:3. Roast it and then grind it in to powder. Make a paste with water and put it in to ear. This relieves ear infection.
6. A teaspoon of warm mango leaf juice when poured in to infected ear, works wonders.
7. Few drops of tea tree oil fetch good results against ear infection. The antibacterial properties of tea tree oil destroy fungus and bacteria.
8. Put few drops of hydrogen peroxide in to ear. This kills infection causing germs, bacteria and fungus.
9. Use colloidal silver as an ear wash. It acts as a natural antibiotic, destroying viruses, fungus and bacteria.
10. Put few drops of holy basil leaf juice in to ear. This is an effective ear pain relief and ear infection cure.
11. Use blow dryer, holding it 10-15 inches away from head, to dry up moisture locked up in Eustachian tubes.
12. Apply warm wash cloth or heating pad next to infected ear. The heat destroys germs and evaporates water residue.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Read more Home Remedies for Ear Infection. Also know useful Home Remedies for Eczema. Read effective Home Remedies for Eye Care.