Ear Infection Causes, Symptoms and Effective Natural Remedies
Ear infection problem attacks the children of young age particularly between the ages of 3 months to 3 years. Read this article to find information on the causes, symptoms and effective natural remedies for ear infection.
Some of the symptoms of an ear infection include fullness and pressure in the ear, earache and there may be fever even higher than 103 degree F. To get relief from the pain and pressure, the children may even pull up their ear. Most of the children may be restless, irritable, have a nasal discharge, diminished appetite or even cry at night when lying down. If in some people the symptom of ear infection becomes severe then there are chances of potential hearing loss which result into impairment of language skills or intellectual development.
Some of the natural remedies of ear infection -
1. The simplest solution for the earache is to apply some heat. To give some soothing heat you can either place a heated wheat bag, warmed flannel or hanky on the ear. You can also use a hair dryer by which hot air is directly blown onto the ear.
2. Vitamin C is the most renowned ear infection remedies. Intake at least 3-5 grams of vitamin C to strengthen your immunity. Usually most of the homes have a supply of vitamin C.
3. Turmeric has an anti- inflammatory activity. It can be used in teas, soups and casseroles but normally it is used in curries and stir frys. Due to its anti-inflammation character it is very helpful in the treatment of ear infection.
4. If you want to get rid from the pain and infection of ear then take 6 drops of mullein oil or garlic oil in the affected ear every 3-4 hours. You can also put few drops of chamomile or lavender oil on the cotton wool and plug your ear with this cotton.
5. You can also take steam inhalation with a few drops of eucalyptus or thyme, lavender and tea tree to a bowl of hot water. You must cover your head with a towel and take a deep breathe through your nose and mouth for 5-10 minutes.
6. Doing massage with one of your favorite oil in 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil over the neck and behind the ears.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Find more useful Home Remedies for Ear Infection. Read the benefits of Shilajit in improving overall health. Find Herbal Male Enhancement Pills for better performance.