Headache Home Remedies - Get Relief From Pain Naturally
Headache is a common ailment, and most of us suffer from headache at one time or another. It may occur due to multiple causes, and depending upon the cause, headache may be classified in to primary headaches, secondary headaches and cranial neuralgia, facial ache and other types.
1. Emotional stress2. Fatigue3. Excessive smoking and alcohol intake4. Hang-over5. High blood pressure6. Allergy 7. Constipation8. Nutritional deficiency9. Lack of sleep10. Prolonged manual labor or physical stress11. Cold and flu12. Chronic cough13. Ear infection14. Tooth infection15. Sinus infection and blockage16. Pneumonia and fever17. Mumps18. Measles19. Tonsillitis20. Eye infection21. Eye strain22. Glaucoma23. Bright light and loud sound24. Traumatic injury25. Strokes26. Muscle contraction around the skull27. Spinal tap or injection.
1. Drinking of herbal teas such as chamomile or peppermint tea can relieve headache.
2. Steam inhalation is an effective remedy for headache. It can do away with sinus blockage.
3. Drinking two tablespoon apple cider vinegar mixed with raw honey in a cup of water can cause headache to vanish quickly
4. Drinking a glass of warm water mixed with two tablespoon pure maple syrup and few drops of lemon juice and then immediately taking a nap can cure headache.
5. Placing henbane leaves on the head, and then covering it with a moist warm cloth can cause headache to disappear.
6. Usage of a warm poultice made of ginger powder can reduce headache. The poultice is to be placed on forehead.
7. Applying a paste of sandalwood on forehead can cure headache.
8. Consumption of grated coconut mixed with sugar can reduce headache.
9. A solution made out of half teaspoon mustard seed powder and three teaspoon water may be applied in the nostrils. This is an effective way of treating headache.
10. Intake of a teaspoon of Brewer's yeast daily can reduce headache due to iron deficiency.
11. Intake of freshly sliced apples every morning is an effective cure for chronic headache.
12. Nasal irrigation is a way to clear nasal congestion and reduce headache.
13. Massaging head with the pressure of thumb and forefinger can relieve headache.
14. Soaking feet in lukewarm water and placing a cold towel on forehead can lessen headache.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Read more about Home Remedies for Headache. Also know effective Home Remedies for Stress. Read useful Home Remedies for Nasal Congestion.