Heartburn and Acidity Home Remedies and Natural Treatment
Heartburn and acidity are common problems that give you the feeling of burning ache or sensation in the abdomen, fullness, bloating, flatulence or nausea. The person suffering from acidity and heartburn feels a burning sensation in the stomach and chest caused by stomach acid that backs up the esophagus.
In this article we will discuss some of the commonly used home remedies for relieving heartburn and acidity. These home remedies are natural and gives you relief naturally.
1. Do not eat food that is too hot, too cold or too dry. It should not be overcooked. Ghee or butter should be included to make it soft. Too much oil should not be used in case of people with sedentary lifestyle.
2. Frequent meals should be taken, each time in small amounts. Take meals only after digestion of the previous meals to avoid acid eructation.
3. Do not eat food in hurry because this does not allow enough time for the normal secretion of enzymes and affects the process of digestion.
4. Avoid excessive spicy and heavy foods, chocolate desserts, hamburgers and fried foods.
5. Smoking and chewing tobacco weaken the nervous system. The mucous membrane of the stomach and intestine stop functioning properly. So avoid such habits.
6. Stress and strain also cause acidity especially in students during their examinations. Due to stress the vagus nerve is inhibited leading to formation of hydrochloric acid. Therefore students have an increased influence of acid formation during examination days due to stress. Thus their meals should be more carefully monitored during those days.
7. Suppressing the natural urge to defecate, urinate, pass flatus and belching are all responsible for peptic ulcer. Urgent work, traveling in a bus and many other causes force a person to suppress his natural urges. Therefore it is important to form a habit of defecation after getting up in the morning.
8. Food should be taken in an appropriate quantify, neither more or nor less.
9. Cucumber juice cures acidity, if taken regularly. This is a useful home remedy for acidity and heartburn.
10. Banana taken along with milk or by itself is very helpful for patients with intestinal ulcers. It decreases the intestinal inflammation and satiates appetite.
Disclaimer: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the hypertension home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products or ingredients if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the website or the writer.
Copyright © Ryan Mutt, All Rights Reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the urls (links) active.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Read Home Remedies for Acidity to relieve discomfort. Lose your excess body fat using natural Fat Loss Diet. Know How to Get Ripped 6 Pack Abs Fast using workout programs.