Herbal Breast Care – Useful Herbs for Breast Care
There are a number of herbal preparations widely used in healing various disorders. In this article, you will find useful herbal preparations for breast care.
Herbs are used all over the world to cure various diseases. There are a number of herbal preparations available that play an important role in healing a disorder. In this article, you will find some useful herbal preparations for breast care.
Painful conditions of the breasts are common among women. Mastitis is an unbearably painful condition which causes inflammation and hardening of the breast. Sore, cracked nipples are usually a result of breastfeeding, either because of the baby dragging at the nipple or because correct care is not being taken in washing and drying the breasts before and after feeding.
Herbal Preparations for Breast Care
1. Take one teaspoon each of Marjoram (marwa, sathra), dried Aniseed (saunf), half teaspoon dried fenugreek and honey. Infuse the herbs in 600 ml. (1 pint) boiling water for 10 minutes. This potion improves the flow of breast milk. A poor flow of milk is always considered to be one of the causes of mastitis in lactating mothers.
2. Mallows increase the supply and flow of milk. Other herbs that have added benefits of giving breasts an alluring roundness are Borage (pattharchuri, patta ajwain), Parsley (ajmod, prajmoda), Watercress (jalkhumbi), Fennel (saunf), Anise (saunf), Cumin, Carrots, Lentils and Fenugreek.
3. Many of these herbs have the added benefits of counteracting post-natal depression. ½ teaspoon of Sage infused in 1 cup of boiling water when drunk 3 times a day has the reverse effect and dries up the flow of the milk.
4. To prevent sore and cracked nipples, rub the nipples with a mixture of pure lemon juice and olive oil throughout the pregnancy. Whilst nursing add a few drops of essential oil of geranium to a pot of cold cream and soothe the nipples with this.
5. Calendula flowers are beneficial for clearing the skin of eczema, spots and grease. It is claimed to be rejuvenating. Its ointment may also help in treating breast disorders.
6. Massage your breast with herbal oil. To prepare massage oil for the breasts, mix together 4 teaspoons each of apricot and wheatgerm oil. Warm it and massage painful breasts.
7. Camphor is used in preparing massage oil for hard breasts. Mix a few drop of camphor (kapoor) oil in two tablespoons of olive oil (jaitun oil) and massage your breasts but not when nursing.
8. Mix honey with lanolin or olive oil and use to rub cracked nipples. Lanolin rubbed into the nipples soothes and softens but before using make sure you are not allergic to it.
9. Warm poultices are natural remedy for mastitis. Baked potatoes, turnips, freshly cooked (not baked) beans pounded with olive oil, hot plasters and warm fomentations help. Keep the breasts in a sling – a good properly fitted, supporting bra.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
Copyright © Nick Mutt, All Rights Reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine
, make all the urls (links) active.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR