Herbs for Anxiety - Herbal Treatments for Stress, Tension and Work Pressure
Feeling stressed and anxious are common features in most human beings. Read this article to find herbs for anxiety, stress, tension and work pressure.
Stress, tension, pressure at workplace, competition, family problems back at home seldom leave a person's mind to sit back and relax. The constant duel and turmoil that continues in one's mind leads to a habit of being anxious and at the same time disturbing other physiological functions too.
Some simple herbal treatments
Instead of getting addicted to sedatives and other drugs in order to get rid of anxiety, some herbs have magical spells in alleviating anxiety because herbs contain the essential chemical constituents that affect the functions of the brain and heart. Most of these herbal therapies have very little side effects and are quite cheap compared to the drugs sold over the counter. Some of the best herbal therapies in treating anxiety can be summarized as follows:
1. Kava kava is well known to lift one's spirits and so its roots were used to prepare drinks since ancient times. It also reduces the stress and anxiety within one week of its use. Even women suffering from post menopause depression have found good results after using kava kava.
2. Ginseng has many beneficial factors but it is most popular in treatment of anxiety. It helps to maintain emotional balance and produces a relaxing effect on the nerves reducing tiredness and fatigue.
3. Valerian root is generally applied as a sedative. But it has also yielded good results in reducing stress, anxiety levels, agitation and other mental disturbances. It is also advantageous to the fact that it helps to fall sleep in less time and promotes sound sleep in spite of a disturbed mind.
4. Catnip is a mint type of herb that reduces nervousness, sleeplessness and so is widely used as an anti anxiety medicine. It has been used as a sedative through ages but studies showed that it can also reduce migraine.
5. St John's wort has been popular for its anti depressant qualities since ages and so it is widely used as medications to reduce stress and anxiety.
6. Chamomile herbs are the safest in treating anxiety problems. German chamomile and Roman chamomile are the most commonly used herbs. They have some chemical constituents that relax the brain and have a soothing effect on the nerves.
From the above studies the main benefits of herbal treatments is that they are non toxic and being natural does not lead to any sort of addiction. Apart from treatments herbs develops the resistance to fight against any disorder.
Article Tags: Herbal Treatments
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Find information on Ashwagandha Benefits to reduce stress and anxiety. Read Brahmi Supplement Benefits to improve memory and concentration. Find information on Shilajit Capsules Benefits to increase libido and sperm count.