Home Remedies For BPH - Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Treatment
BPH or hypertrophy is a disorder of the prostate gland, which forms a part of the male reproductive system. It results in benign or non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate gland.
Pain in hips, lower back or upper thighs could be another symptom for some. BPH may also hamper the sexual life of the male by causing pain during ejaculation and difficulty in attaining erection. Complications of BPH include urinary tract infections, bladder stones and complete blockage of urethra leading to damage of kidneys. Drop in testosterone hormone production and its quantity in blood with aging is the basic cause of BPH. When testosterone level falls, estrogen level rises in the male body. The excess estrogen finds place in the prostate gland. This is an abnormal situation; it leads to the growth of stromal and epithelial cells of the gland, thereby causing it to swell or get enlarged.
Home Remedies for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
1. Blend spinach juice and carrot juice and drink daily. It will give you a sound prostate health.
2. Consume tomatoes in plenty. The anti-oxidant lycopene in tomato checks frequent urination and muscular degeneration.
3. Use flaxseed oil in cooking, for it helps in shrinking prostate.
4. The herbs nettle, horsetail, golden seal, saw palmetto and cranberry are very beneficial in treating BPH.
5. Bee pollen works miraculously in reducing prostate size.
6. Vitamin E rich food is very useful in treating BPH.
7. Animal product consumption, junk food consumption should be restricted and the patient should consume more and more green leafy vegetables.
8. Perform kegel exercises and forward bend yogic asanas to do away with BPH.
9. Drink plenty of water and avoid caffeine and alcohol.
10. Tea and tincture can effectively treat BPH.
11. Intake of Indian gooseberry juice is an effective home remedy for BPH.
12. Prostate massage sessions with the help of a doctor or nurse can also help a lot.
13. Zinc and copper supplements should be taken, for they help in the processing of testosterone to hyperplasia controlling DHT.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Read more Home Remedies for BPH. Also know useful Home Remedies for Canker Sores. Read effective Home Remedies for Cellulite.