Home Remedies For Dermatitis That Are Simple To Use and Safe
Dermatitis is the inflammation of the skin which results into swelling redness, blisters, flaking, roughness and itching. There are several home remedies for dermatitis which are easy to use and simple to follow.
Dermatitis Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for dermatitis which are effective and can be tried at home with ease. Some of the common home remedies for dermatitis are:
1. A skin wash is considered to be one of the best home remedies for dermatitis. All you need to do is take one teaspoon each of powdered oak bark, slippery elm bark and comfrey root. Now mix them into two cups of water and boil them properly. Allow this solution to cool down. You can use this solution to wash the affected skin three to four times daily.
2. Green tea is also very effective in treating dermatitis. Green tea is known to have anti-oxidant property which gives your body some cooling effect and also helps to control dermatitis.
3. Try to improve your immunity system by consuming foods like acai berry, fish, almonds, aloe Vera and avocados. Vitamin A, B and C are very helpful in healing and repairing process of your skin. Therefore consume fresh vegetables, fruits and oily fish which are rich in vitamins.
4. Another effective home remedy is to apply paste of blueberry leaves on the affected area in order to reduce inflammation and itching.
5. Make it a habit of consuming tomato juice twice a day in order to get results in few days.
6. Take some water (8 oz) and add two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar into it. Mix it properly and drink. This will help in curing the problem of dermatitis.
7. Dermatitis on the scalp can be treated by the use of therapeutic oils. Take a bowl of vegetable oil and add few drops of lavender oil to it, mix it properly. Now warm this mixture and apply directly on your scalp and leave it overnight. Morning you can wash it off by some mild shampoo.
8. Those suffering from dermatitis on the feet can use chamomile flowers as a home remedy. Take a large bowl of water and add some chamomile flowers into it. Now boil it and then allow it to cool down. Once cool, add some ice into it and then soak your feet in this water. It will give a soothing effect to your feet.
9. One of the most efficient home remedies for dermatitis is the use of vitamin E oil. Apply this oil directly on the affected area. It will help in soothing the irritation caused by dermatitis and rejuvenate the elastin in the skin.
10. In case of dry and flaky skin use scent free body lotion or dry petroleum jelly. Itís beneficial to use lacto calamine if you are suffering from oozing rash.
These were some of the effective home remedies for dermatitis which are simple, safe and effective.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Read about†Home Remedies for Dermatitis. Know more†Home Remedies for Diabetes. Read more about†Home Remedies for Dark Skin.