Home Remedies For Ear Infections That Are Simple To Use and Safe
Ear infection can be caused to inner, middle and outer ear. There are many home remedies for inner ear which are simple to use and easy to follow.
There are several natural remedies for otitis which are safe to use and easy to follow. Some of the popular home remedies for otitis are:
1. One of the effective natural remedies for ear infections in the case of adults is the use of onion juice. All you need to do is squeeze an onion in order to get its juice. Now take a cotton ball and soak it into this onion juice. Put this soaked cotton ball in the infected ear. The onion juice in cotton ball will help in fighting otitis.
2. Another effective home remedy is to take a clean sock and fill it with cup of raw rice. Now heat the sock in a microwave. Before taking any medication it is always a good idea to put this heated sock over the ear. The pressure in the infected ear is reduced by this method.
3. Lemon juice is also very helpful in treating ear infection. All you need to do is squeeze some lemon juice into your ear. Wait for few minutes and then by lying side drain the ear. Lemon juice helps in killing bacteria.
4. When suffering from pain at night, you can try this effective remedy. For few minutes sit up in the bed.
5. Chewing gum and yawning are also effective in treating middle ear infection.
6. Those suffering from fungal infection should try to swab the outer ear with cotton soaked in a solution of water and vinegar.
7. Another efficient home remedy for ear infection is to put juice of holy basil leaves into the ears. It works as disinfectant and cleanser.
8. Take some finely chopped garlic with honey. Mix them together and consume with water or tea.
9. Put some drops of garlic oil in your ears during night time before sleeping.
10. Lemon balm is known to have anti-viral and antiseptic properties and is very beneficial for otitis.
11. If due to the exposure to cold temperature, your ear becomes red, painful and hot then it is always a good idea to use aconite. It is one of the effective home remedy.
12. Consume diet rich in vitamin C, calcium and zinc. Avoid dairy products, hydrogenated oils and processed foods.
13. Another effective home remedy is to add peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil and ginger oil in a bowl containing hot steaming water. Now take a towel over your head and inhale the steam.
14. Try to avoid mild and cold drinks. Do not consume alcohol and stop smoking.
15. Wash your hands regularly and keep them clean. Do not touch your eyes and nose and try to stay away from people suffering from cold.
These were some of the effective home remedies for ear infections which are cost-effective, simple and safe to use.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Read about Home Remedies for Ear Infection. Also know Home Remedies for Dry Skin Care. Read more about Home Remedies for Dry Skin.